Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we are tentatively thinking that a Zoe or a Leaf are the cars to look at with a consideration to purchase in the new year. Send off a couple of requests for brochures from the distributors web sites.

Get this back from Renault today.

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your enquiry about the Renault ZOE.

Quiet yet responsive, the Renault ZOE stands out from the crowd. With a stunning design, ZOE provides everything you would expect from a car and more! As useful as she is beautiful, the Renault ZOE includes the very latest technology, accessed via an easy - to - use touchscreen, and offers ultra - low running costs and a great driving experience thanks to its 100% electric drivetrain.

The Renault ZOE offers Pre-conditioning which allows the owner to heat up or cool down the vehicle whilst charging. Additionally, Z.E. Interactive allows the owner to monitor the battery life and remaining range of their ZOE remotely whilst it's charging, and all of this for only £189/month* †

To show you how the fantastic new Renault ZOE meets your needs, we would like to offer you a test drive. We currently have XXXX appointments available on XXXX. Please let me know if this is convenient for you to come in for a test drive or alternatively if you would prefer a different time or date.

If you haven't been to us before, our postcode is XXXX and you can contact us on XXXX.

We look forward to hearing from you
It's going to be hard - as this is a direct copy and paste and the 'XXXX' are all theirs!

Not a great start to an interested buyer! (Mind you, I've heard nothing from Nissan!)

·
Registered
731 Posts
I never heard anything from Nissan either when I got in touch with customer services for a ev dealer to call me!

Still waiting and that was June.

·
Banned
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never heard anything from Nissan either when I got in touch with customer services for a ev dealer to call me!

Still waiting and that was June.
:( They really don't seem to want to sell the things do they?

Could be a secret plot to 'prove' that EV's are no good?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I had an email from BMW following my online enquiry, asking if I wanted my local dealer to contact me. I said "yes" and never heard another thing. That was in January, I think.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
344 Posts
So, we are tentatively thinking that a Zoe or a Leaf are the cars to look at with a consideration to purchase in the new year. Send off a couple of requests for brochures from the distributors web sites.

Get this back from Renault today.

It's going to be hard - as this is a direct copy and paste and the 'XXXX' are all theirs!

Not a great start to an interested buyer! (Mind you, I've heard nothing from Nissan!)
Well done Renault and even when you own a Zoe they don't get any smarter:(

·
Registered
441 Posts
To be fair Renault UK on Twitter didn't know what a Twizy was and asked me to take my Twizy back to the dealer to get the Air con fixed. I suggested it was more dependent on the UK weather. The dealer then replied suggesting they couldn't help as their weather machine was broken and the Mett Office offered to help. So the poor Social Network bod at Renault must have felt very small.
It was very funny how it grew.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You might want to consider the xxxx as affectionate?!
I booked a test drive for a C-Zero and turned up only to be told they didn't have any and wouldn't sell them! Similar story with the i-MiEV. Toyota dealers showed zero interest in selling Prius plugins. Smart did a test drive but really weren't bothered. etc etc. Many dealers misunderstand EVs though there are a few who really do get it and can help. Even after 5 months of driving EVs I am just beginning to really understand what it is all about and I have much progress to make.
To sell EVs properly perhaps you have to forsake ICE completely, in which case you would be out of work pretty quickly at most motor dealers (unless you were at Tesla?).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got to say when we were looking at Zoe's then dealer response was very mixed, from making an appointment to test drive a car when there wasn't a car there to the Cannock dealership who were fantastic both before and after buying from them. Don't be put off a car by the automated response reply, we found it was worth calling dealers and seeing them face to face more effective and helpful rather than online enquiries.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can't complain about the service from cannock they were great and mike even brought the car to my house to check my charger was working correctly. Plus when i sent them a email about the peeling badge the branch manager rang me about it asking for me to bring my car in so they can see it and get it sorted.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Renault Z.E. sent me two pairs of trainers, a model Zoe and a jacket but was unable to secure a test drive.

Thing is the Veja shoes are stylish and Zoe is decent little car. Renault could be so much more.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
I can't complain about the service from cannock they were great
My personal experience has been the Renault dealer network is uneven. Some dealers are fantastic. Others are terrible.

Our local dealer didn't even have a Renault salesperson working one Saturday. They are Ford / Renault in one location.

I was told that a handful of dealers paid Renault GB big money to be Z.E. sub-brand dealers. For the money, they got support and training. Then Renault GB decided all Renault dealers were Z.E. dealers. The results is many dealers ended up with cars they had no idea how to sell.

·
Banned
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To sell EVs properly perhaps you have to forsake ICE completely, in which case you would be out of work pretty quickly at most motor dealers (unless you were at Tesla?).
I have a feeling that the 'traditional' manufacturers don't want to do that. I think that promoting, selling and supporting them from entirely separate premises might be sensible - but expensive (and the 'traditional' dealers might not be that happy!)

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
The sub-brand method works. Look at MINI and BMW-i. You can have a sub-brand inside an existing store. Just need to provide some sort of partition and a dedicated sales force.

It could have worked for Z.E. with better execution.

PSA are going to launch a DS sub-brand in the US. I'm not sure how that will go.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts