Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our new kona ev premium se on Friday and it is brilliant. So much to learn... But it is exceeding our expectations.

Eg one cause for concern was many reviews saying rear passenger space is tight etc. Not a bit of it. Really comfortable. Mind you in our case my wife is 5ft tall/short so we've a head start there...

·
Registered
Kona 64
550 Posts
Just two of us and the space is fine. But if we go for a weekend with friends its a tight fit getting all the luggage in.Good job you can dropthe boot floor a few inches,makes all the difference.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Our dog thinks so too :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
We picked up our new kona ev premium se on Friday and it is brilliant. So much to learn... But it is exceeding our expectations.

Eg one cause for concern was many reviews saying rear passenger space is tight etc. Not a bit of it. Really comfortable. Mind you in our case my wife is 5ft tall/short so we've a head start there...
Picked mine up last Wednesday. Fortunately I'd traded in my Ioniq so was fairly familiar with the user interface. I also was concerned about the rear passenger space as my son is 6ft tall. However, I set the driver's chair forward and high in a position where I was comfortable, and left plenty of leg and foot room in the back. A truly awesome car and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
P.S I call mine "The Barbarian", for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
75 Posts
Congratulations Andy, here are a few of my best hints:
1. To start driving - Get in -> seatbelt on -> Switch on -> Outside sound off -> Front parking sensor on -> Choose gear. Seatbelt on before starting engine removes the 5 bing sounds
2. To stop driving - Handbrake on -> Gear to Park -> Switch off. Gear to Park unlocks doors (can be changed in settings)
3. The display to the right of the speedometer has 4 tabs found by pressing the button on the steering wheel that looks like a piece of paper with writing on it.
4. Learn how cruse control in a queue of traffic works - really useful feature.

Reactions: danand725

·
Registered
831 Posts
A number of people have found they prefer to set LKA to OFF - to avoid steering twitching if the road lane markings are poor - unfortunately it has to be done each time they set off.

·
Registered
353 Posts
A number of people have found they prefer to set LKA to OFF - to avoid steering twitching if the road lane markings are poor - unfortunately it has to be done each time they set off.
Yeah. LKA can be a bit of a nuisance at times, but I've got used to its little foibles. I really like the Line Follow Assist feature which follows the white lines down the middle of the road at low speeds. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes LFA is great, but on country roads with clear white lines either side, but no mid-line means you'll be driving down the middle of the road. Such fun! It's easy to overcome, I love the adaptive regen - it automatically brakes as you approach other cars. Again it takes a bit of getting used to - it can do it with parked cars, but I wouldn't be wothout it now - every car should have it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts