Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many moons of internal debate I have finally made a decision!

Through the social trials element of the 'my electric avenue' scheme I have successfully placed my order for a 'Gun Metallic' Acenta with the 6.6kW charger and cold pack.

Also feels good to be helping the EV cause along through the scientific study!

Delivery is due in early May. 7 weeks and counting! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think I must be biased too. Got the call from the dealer and we're picking ours up on Friday. I'll try and put a pic up so you can all tell me how great it looks;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congrats.

So did you find a solution to your 100 mile regular trip that you mentioned in an earlier post that was initially putting you off the LEAF ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
:D
Welcome, having got a Leaf Acenta in Gun Metallic myself I can see you're a person of good taste! ;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone :) It's going to be a tough few weeks! I'll let you know how I get on.

Congrats.

So did you find a solution to your 100 mile regular trip that you mentioned in an earlier post that was initially putting you off the LEAF ?
I'm now more hopeful that work charging will be possible which would help with the 100 mile trip.

Alternatively, I have come up with a different route that brings the loop down to about 86 miles which, in combination with charging on a 3-pin socket at the parent's place for a couple of hours makes the trip much more feasible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice choice. I was going to go for Gun Metallic, but my 4yo daughter opined that she knew we were getting a red car, so I thought 'Why not?'

I had a hard enough time waiting three odd weeks, 7 may have seen me pulling my hair out. Picking mine up tomorrow. :) 1 sleep, 1 shift, and maybe a nap if I get finished early enough in the morning, to go. Not that I'm counting or anything.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very exciting! I hope the pick up goes smoothly.

I'm having my charging point installed on Wednesday, the next step!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah, I forgot to mention on Thursday that I'm back up to 6 weeks until delivery.

My Leaf has been delayed by two weeks :(

Buggeration!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 3-pin EVSE arrived today, courtesy of eBay.

The control box is pretty massive! I definitely think it's going to need some extra support whilst hanging from a wall socket.

·
Registered
i8, e2008, i3, eNV200
235 Posts
Ah, I forgot to mention on Thursday that I'm back up to 6 weeks until delivery.

My Leaf has been delayed by two weeks :(

Buggeration!
Be prepared for long delays with your order from the social trials. Mine has been pushed back over 4 weeks and still waiting...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Great to see so many new LEAF users. I think I'd go for the gun metal colour if I was going to get a new one,
probably the rarest colour.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Be prepared for long delays with your order from the social trials. Mine has been pushed back over 4 weeks and still waiting...
Sorry to hear that, for both of us! :confused: How are you getting on, any news?

If my date stays steady I'm now down to 4 weeks! :cool:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great to see so many new LEAF users. I think I'd go for the gun metal colour if I was going to get a new one,
probably the rarest colour.
Silver seems quite rare too? Still like white and black myself. Ours is white.
I would have probably chosen black myself if it wasn't for the fact that I've been driving a black car for the past 6 years and quite fancied a change. Gun metallic isn't too much of a departure though! :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts