Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not just MG owners who have to put up with crap from their manufacturers. This Renault owner has to have his BMS updated too and his bodywork is defective:

Reactions: Wazza and Sandy

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have not missed my Zoe R240. I think I got to like 82% battery SOH in 1.5 years of driving, before the BMS update got it back up to 94%. That crap and the 1 engine and 2 inverters that needed to be replaced under warranty. Sorry Renault, never again. Kia - flawless 3 years of driving. MG - flawless so far.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Zoe Devotee
9,053 Posts
In Craig's own words..... Everything is awesome....

Just after telling you all the faults? 🤷‍♂️ Nowt more blinkered than a fanboy. 🥴

Some genuinely interesting points for me, 99% SOH when fixed after 6k miles. It's good, well not really, but its not terrible. I never saw my Zoe with more than 98% SOH, although I'd had it some months before CANZE was released so perhaps it was 100% when I first got it, although the infamous BMS update only perked it back up to that 98% when it had dropped to mid 80s.

By comparison I've been pleasantly surprised when I finally forked out for OVMS for my MG to find after 9k miles it health is tip top 100% (who'd pay £199 for an app? well me apparently, who'd pay £650 for the CCS option on Zoe? Not the dealer it seems 😁).

Also interesting that Renault still haven't fixed production (which was fine on earliest models) to resolve the boot creak, spot weld, roof lining to weld tug.... make up this months Renault description. New fix though, stock fix 1. pull down roof lining grind spot welds, repaint, reassemble. 2. Pull down roof lining, Reweld flanges, repaint, reassemble. 3. pull down roof lining, seam seal issue area, reassemble. And now this new one, "prise apart the metal layers without painting" Sounds worryingly like a cold chisel fix to me. 😱

Buzzy speaker grills was always a Zoe issue in my experience, but only when you cranked the stereo up. Weirdly its always only been the front ones.

All in all feel a bit sad for Craig. He really should have joined the "real" TeamRed. ;) But he's happy its mostly fixed. Hopefully it stays that way.

Anyone notice how bouncy his suspension was? Either that or in town he likes speed (more on that later) and lives on roads heavy with speed bumps. Those drop links won't last long if so. ;) Or maybe he's got some of Renaults Michelin special square tyres like we had back in 2014.

Final chuckle, interesting how the camera angle gives the impression of speed on his return home, and yet literally everything was passing him, even that artic at the end lumbering along at 55mph and it breezed past. 😆

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weirdly its always only been the front ones.
I think that's mainly due to the lack of insulation in the doors! Doesn't help to keep the cabin warm or cool. There's only so much weight saving you can do before comfort flies out the window.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,053 Posts
I think that's mainly due to the lack of insulation in the doors! Doesn't help to keep the cabin warm or cool. There's only so much weight saving you can do before comfort flies out the window.
I never looked inside my doors, so I'll take your word for it. (y) Although I do recall someone doing speaker upgrades on their Zoe and fitting lots of sound deadening material and that there was next to no insulation in the door. And I do recall seeing pics of all the fabric padding inside the ZS when someone took a door apart. Probably explains partly why the MG retains heat quite well when you've gone into the supermarket and come out to the inside of the car still being warm.

Reactions: rogerdee and Neilew

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although I do recall someone doing speaker upgrades on their Zoe and fitting lots of sound deadening material
And damaging the door cards or breaking a wire I can't remember which. :eek: :eek:. Yes, I remember that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts