1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yo

·
Registered
551 Posts
Unfortunately no, but hope you get all the up to date Gossip :) ..
eg Warrantees, new battery costs, any change in personnel ? Who actually decides on cust. service/warantee stuff/ parts charges ? is UK 100% aligned with US policy on customer relations etc. ?

If you run short of juice dont forget that on J5 M4 (near M25) there is an HPC at
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ditton Rd
Datchet
Slough SL3 8PT

really close to Tesla ... there again there are rapids @ Fleet, and Winch.
Enjoy !

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Finally made it. It's hotter than hell in here - impressive number of cars on display though.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
So - some highlights:
No new Supercharger location announcement
SC is Elon's top priority - US, UK, China
Free airport shuttle (LHR) from West Drayton - car checked while on holiday and stored for free
Model S being pitched to HMG for ministerial cars re: recent announcement

Reactions: Paul

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
So - some highlights:
No new Supercharger location announcement
SC is Elon's top priority - US, UK, China
Free airport shuttle (LHR) from West Drayton - car checked while on holiday and stored for free
Model S being pitched to HMG for ministerial cars re: recent announcement
Not a lot then, like the idea of the airport valet service type thing though, nice.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
There was news that an SC agreement had been signed today, but no details allowed yet

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
But I did get to meet @dpeilow - every day is a school day. Learned much.

Reactions: dpeilow and Paul

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
like the valet parking idea, that could save a few hundred each year, wish they would just get on with the superchargers

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
They aren't the rate determining step, believe me

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Interesting comment: less than 50% of Model S owners thus far have ever visited a Supercharger. Worldwide was the context, but wasn't stated explicitly

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well it was quite a low key event by previous standards but the new Country Director, Georg Ell gave a nice talk. I found out that this will be the only service centre for London going forward (there were plans to keep West Acton open for Roadster but this has changed - good).

Good to meet Mark. I really enjoyed the chat, we'll have to do it again sometime :)

I was the only Roadster owner there. In fact the young employee directing parking on the way in clearly didn't recognise it.

20140724_193804.jpg

I tried to fish for info on the 400 mile battery but they knew no more than we do. Apparently it was not meant to be discussed yet ;)

Disappointed re charging too. I was told at the last minute there was a 32A socket, only to then be delayed until after the speeches so we would have only got 30 minutes on it. It was for my friend's Outlander PHEV so not a disaster, but still.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts