Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Weston Super-Mare have moved their charge points from the CYC back-end to New Motion. Prices as before, just a bit less easy to use after CYC stopped their roaming agreement with New Motion, and it's one more account to set up before using them - and you have to wait for an RFID card - because they have only got app-based remote starts working in parts of Germany so far.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Think I might have one of these New Motion cards.

I seem to remember it was free, which is the kind of bargain I go for even if I do not need it!

It is a pity they do not do the ChargePoint Genie thing where you can register an existing card (for me it was the old EH one) so you end up with 1 card that does several networks. In my dreams it would be 1 card for all networks.....

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I might have one of these New Motion cards.

I seem to remember it was free, which is the kind of bargain I go for even if I do not need it!

It is a pity they do not do the ChargePoint Genie thing where you can register an existing card (for me it was the old EH one) so you end up with 1 card that does several networks. In my dreams it would be 1 card for all networks.....
... and without the need to register separately, with payment details or hold a pre-pay balance, or membership payments. Sure the Chargepoint Genie thing is good, but it still needs you to give them more money in advance than you may use in a year's occasional use for initial top-up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts