Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on holiday in the New Forest we popped in to see if we could charge up at Westway in Southampton.

We were really impressed with the service, free charging, free drinks and free wifi and a really helpful attitude.

Also seem to have many LEAFs and e-NV200s on display and use the LEAF as courtesy cars too. Very impressed, just how it should be.

2014-08-08 19.18.48.jpg

:)

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
I found that this charger is one of the ones that will only charge Nissan EVs (gives a "CAN Error" on other vehicles) and I am not aware if this has been "fixed".

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have found them to be helpful and friendly but slow in clearing the bay if they have cars in the way. I always leave an extra half hour in my schedule for that when charging there.

Looks like it was already clear for you. I have been occasionally charging there for the past 3 years and never has the bay been clear. Perhaps things are improving :)

To be fair... they don't have a lot of space and expecting them to always keep the bay clear is perhaps unrealistic... just a thought.

:)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We visited twice and it was clear both times, despite the LEAFs scattered all over the shop.

Once was out of hours too and still no problem. I didn't get a business card or I would have emailed the guy who helped us first time to say thanks personally.

They didn't even complain when my daughter spilled hot chocolate all over herself and a large chunk of the waiting area floor... I think our embarrassment was probably quite obvious! :oops: :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
I nearly stopped there the other day but instead used the ecotricity points on the motorway at Rownhams services.
I did however stop at Nissan Bournemouth who were very friendly and helpful, also short of space though, I wish the Nissan chargers were a bit more accessible.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I nearly stopped there the other day but instead used the ecotricity points on the motorway at Rownhams services.
I did however stop at Nissan Bournemouth who were very friendly and helpful, also short of space though, I wish the Nissan chargers were a bit more accessible.
I also used Rownhams Ecotricity a few times, never blocked or ICEd. Didn't get to Bournemouth though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts