Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had/figured out why the footwell sponge gets saturated? Mine started to dry out but the we had heavy rain earlier followed by a dry spell. Noticed a wet patch under car, again the foam was saturated! I checked the plastic housing where water should drain away & it was all fine. I did notice that where the window screen wipers meet the plastic housing (at window screen) that on one of the wipers the plastic housing was shaped & there was a rubber seal around it and on the longer arm there isn't - leaving a 1.5 cm diameter gap between the wiper mechanism & the plastic - is this how it's designed? I first noticed the wet footwell last November (I'd had it Zoe serviced in September) A mechanic friend of mine checked the drain holes for blockage etc. & was baffled & wondering whether I may have accidently left window slightly open? I didn't take it back to Renault, reluctant to face a massive bill! MOT due next month.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Has anyone else had/figured out why the footwell sponge gets saturated? Mine started to dry out but the we had heavy rain earlier followed by a dry spell. Noticed a wet patch under car, again the foam was saturated! I checked the plastic housing where water should drain away & it was all fine. I did notice that where the window screen wipers meet the plastic housing (at window screen) that on one of the wipers the plastic housing was shaped & there was a rubber seal around it and on the longer arm there isn't - leaving a 1.5 cm diameter gap between the wiper mechanism & the plastic - is this how it's designed? I first noticed the wet footwell last November (I'd had it Zoe serviced in September) A mechanic friend of mine checked the drain holes for blockage etc. & was baffled & wondering whether I may have accidently left window slightly open? I didn't take it back to Renault, reluctant to face a massive bill! MOT due next month.
I came across this video when looking at common faults with Zoes and thought it might be relevant. HTH.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ah yes the classic blocked scuttle drains - I cleaned mine out last summer - mucky job, lots of leaves and wet mud had to be scooped out
Andy - there almost seems to be a case to fit a 'flushing tube' drilled with holes that you can easily connect to so that you can pump in water under pressure to flush out the scuttle drains on a yearly basis. It seems to be a common failing with Renaults.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
602 Posts
I got my 2013 zoe last July second hand . Maybe the scuttle drains had never ever been cleaned out at all ever , who knows , but there was an awful lot of muck built up in there . Gonna clean it again this summer , flush it out. Maybe this time if I can see where the pipes from the scuttle drain exit underneath the car I will put a hose pipe up that way instead of taking off the wipers and the grille off underneath the wipers this time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got my 2013 zoe last July second hand . Maybe the scuttle drains had never ever been cleaned out at all ever , who knows , but there was an awful lot of muck built up in there . Gonna clean it again this summer , flush it out. Maybe this time if I can see where the pipes from the scuttle drain exit underneath the car I will put a hose pipe up that way instead of taking off the wipers and the grille off underneath the wipers this time.
From the video they seem to empty behind the wheel arch liner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts