Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Railtrack have just put a site hut portakabin in a car park in front of our newly installed BP charger.
It was only commissioned a couple of weeks ago and works well.
It's now blocked off until Christmas. What a waste.
Does any one know who to contact in Raitrack to get the cabin moved before they start work?

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,370 Posts
Someone must have sago for brains to have done that. Did nobody think to ask 'what's that for', before going ahead and plonking that in front of it?

Bl~~dy amazing!!!

Polar should sue them for loss of earnings.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Surely High Peak Council did not give them permission to put it there? It's not even close to the railway! Have they built a compound around it? If not I know some people that move jackleg cabins professionally......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surely High Peak Council did not give them permission to put it there? It's not even close to the railway! Have they built a compound around it? If not I know some people that move jackleg cabins professionally......
Railtrack are replacing a rail bridge right in the middle of the village, (coincidentally on the road to the dam that nearly collapsed last year, which should be fun....) . The car park they have commandeered is the nearest flat ground to the works so it is not unreasonable. They seem to be cordoning it off now and bringing in equipment. All this was probably planned months ago before the charger was installed. What gets me is they could have put the site hut a few meters to the left and left the charger accessible. But someone just went ahead and dumped the site office there to the original plan without question.
I've written to the Council, but no reply yet.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Would they have done the same if it was a red diesel fuel pump? Even if they had the tractor boys would have taken things into their own hands with some chains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts