Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your views on this app? We haven’t got the car yet and I have read many reviews online, with lots of negative comments from the past, but what about now? 2019 users?

·
Solar, Powerwall, Nissan Xstor, NEC DSS installer
216 Posts
Inconsistent, laggy, lacking in features and not at all a patch on the Tesla app. That was last years app before I moved onto eNiro and now Model3, hoping it’s got better over that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
The Nissan app is crap IMO, hardly ever works & when is does it take ages 😟
I had an i3 for a while & that was so much better so it can be done, I don't understand why Nissan hasn't got this sorted after so many yrs of it been bad 😒

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked mine on my phone and right now it's working fine. That's not always the case but quite frankly you don't need an app to enjoy the car
Thanks for that, but I am sure that my wife would like to warm up the car prior to getting in it on a cold and frosty day in the middle of winter

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Thanks for that, but I am sure that my wife would like to warm up the car prior to getting in it on a cold and frosty day in the middle of winter
If you have a consistent time that you leave you have 2 timers for climate in the car. So can set off for the morning commute and the evening commute.

however, depending on the app has never been great. It is really hit and miss if Nissan’s servers are working. The other problem is if the car is not in a good mobile signal area then it won’t work even if Nissans servers are working

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with all the comments about the app. Slow, unreliable and not useable at home where I have weak mobile reception. On the plus side, the heater, seats and steering wheel heaters on the Tekna, do make the cabin comfortable very quickly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The official app doesn't work on Android 10. Like, it won't do anything other than a frozen black screen. It doesn't work for many on Android Pie either. When I looked the other day about 95% of the reviews from 2019 were people saying it wouldn't work at all.

On those occasions when the Nissan servers are working you're better off using a third party app. My current favourite is called "My Leaf":

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.kjeldsen.carwingsflutter

·
Registered
410 Posts
So, what are my options with a 2018 leaf 40kw?
Try MyLeaf on IOS or Google Playstore. Its £7.99 on IOS and well worth the money . I persevered with the Nissan 'own brand' app for a year but it was totally unreliable, slow and from time to time non operational.

Tobias Kjelden (who developed the Mty Leaf app) posts on this forum.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The app is poor, but it is the whole system that is problematic.

When the system works, the app is tolerable. The problem is, it seems to me, one of capacity.

I have the Tado app for my central heating, which is a very close comparison with the Nissan system. I control it with an app, it talks to a server in Europe, and acts on a box in my house. The Tado system is slick and responsive and - reliable. The Nissan system just doesn't work for me a peak times - when it is freezing outside or extremely hot, it just doesn't work. At the times I don't really need it, it sometimes works.

Clearly, Nissan were hoping to start charging for the system, but I don't know anyone who would pay for something so bad. I assume they'll now use it bundled with the service (like breakdown cover) to keep us going to the dealer. Sooner or later someone, the EU maybe, will need to step in and force it to be unbundled, ditto breakdown cover, and reduce the cost of the service.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I've had a Leaf since 2015. The app has mostly been awful but there was a glorious period of about 1 year (just after I got my 40 kWh Leaf) where the app seemed to work fairly reliably. Somehow though they always manage to cock things up and recently it's been complete shite.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Abysmal, awful, painfully slow when it does work (I'd rather watch paint dry) and don't bother ringing Nissan Customer Services for help with it... Oh yes, they will say all the right things and be extremely polite, but they will do sod all leaving you feeling extremely frustrated. Do Nissan care? Not one bit otherwise they would have fixed it years ago.

Forget the app and you'll actually enjoy the car. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Considering the Leaf was the first mass produced EV with an app, the app hasn't matched it's success. Slow and lacking in any thought in design and functionality. Just watched a review of Kia's access app. Oh my days what a great app. Makes Nissan look like newbies to the app connected EV game. The graphics, features and speed of using the Kia app makes for a pleasant experience. Nissan had better realise before it's too late that apps with EV's go hand in hand. More buyers like myself use EV apps for the convenience of checking stats on the fly. Being able to use a comprehensive app with an EV is what makes EV's special in the car buying decision. Flashing my headlights is not what I'd call necessary by Nissan. They should focus on (and get right) the core basics of the app... comprehensive climate control, battery monitoring and vehicle tracking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Be wary, vehicles made after May 2019 use "Nissan Connected Services app" and not the previous 'Nissan Connect EV'... everything is done via the app. No logging onto Nissan you+.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Be wary, vehicles made after May 2019 use "Nissan Connected Services app" and not the previous 'Nissan Connect EV'... everything is done via the app. No logging onto Nissan you+.
From my understanding, the new app still relies on Nissan's worn out servers which seem to be located in some obscure EU town with a dial-up internet connection lol :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts