Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I have found that the app on my 2019 works an awful lot better than on my 2018.
Don't know why that should be but is definitely the case.
Connects and updates in no time and the find my car feature is good.

As others have said though it is a bit of novelty factor and after coming up to five years of ownership I barely use it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have found that the app on my 2019 works an awful lot better than on my 2018.
Don't know why that should be but is definitely the case.
Connects and updates in no time and the find my car feature is good.
I agree, I recently updated to a new Leaf 40, eventually found out about the new app and the difference is like chalk and cheese.

Malcolm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Extremely bad. I use MyLeaf to access the data for my Leaf (see what I did there) and as they both use the CarWings API it is a disaster. Why is the only hopeless experience to do with simple software ? Nissan upgrade your servers FFS ... and stop using dialup network speeds !!!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Extremely bad. I use MyLeaf to access the data for my Leaf (see what I did there) and as they both use the CarWings API it is a disaster. Why is the only hopeless experience to do with simple software ? Nissan upgrade your servers FFS ... and stop using dialup network speeds !!!
But the Op was enquiring specifically about the 2019 cars app which doesn't use Carwings API I believe.
IME it is as @msmuir says, as different as chalk and cheese.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a recent 40kw Leaf owner (SEP 19) and if the new app/server is better than the old what was the old app/servers like 😬... although most of the limited functions work, I still have no driving history data being shown...to me, the new app is slow and lacks so many features to the comparable American Leaf app which I recently watched on YouTube, also to other competitors apps such as Kia access and Hyundai blue link apps which are far superior in functionality...for a bare bones stripped down version of services offered to the European market, you would have thought it would have worked much better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a recent 40kw Leaf owner (SEP 19) and if the new app/server is better than the old what was the old app/servers like ...
You were lucky if they worked more than 10% of the time, and when they did the latest data was from a few weeks ago (in my experience).

Malcolm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
... although most of the limited functions work, I still have no driving history data being shown....
After 4 days I am now getting my driving history, and the presentation is much better than the old Carwings system. That is unless you still want to earn trees!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm now seeing detailed (Nissan's form of) driving history. There's a daily, monthly and yearly view. Why Nissan have decided to make the monthly view the default view after an app refresh is beyond me. Monthly view doesn't show any data, especially when there's not enough data to generate a monthly view. The default view should be daily, then you can change to monthly to get a general overview. Upon opening the app I always have to change to daily view to see any recent driving data. Another small detail Nissan app developers have missed. Hopefully they'll change this in the app update.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts