Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
Ioniq 5
26,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we now have a new problem.

The solar Zappi charger is working brilliantly, managing to add around 20 kWh every day.

But we also have access to free 11 kW charging at most places when we go out. The main motivation is not having to pay for parking if we use these.

But the problem is we don’t need to public charger very much. Don’t want to just block a charger either.

So what do you call it when you worry about not having a low enough SOC to bother charging?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts

The solar Zappi charger is working brilliantly, managing to add around 20 kWh every day.

But we also have access to free 11 kW charging at most places when we go out. The main motivation is not having to pay for parking if we use these.

But the problem is we don’t need to public charger very much. Don’t want to just block a charger either.

So what do you call it when you worry about not having a low enough SOC to bother charging?
Smugness?
Energy Independence?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts

Maybe just open your charger up as a public charger?

·
Banned
Ioniq 5
26,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, but driving to Spain for a charge I have to pay for and you can't even guarantee there won't be a PHEV stuck on it when I arrive? Well, I'd rather go to a CPS rapid in Inveraray and take my chances.
Look, as it’s you. It’s free.

I’ll make sure there are no PHEVs on it when you come by.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Premium RWD [2021-]
141 Posts

Could you call yourself de-ranged?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts