Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just been reading about another users Frunk and it got me to thinking, I have never lifted the boot liner to see what’s underneath.

I have a Leaf 30, do I have masses of hidden stage I’m not aware of?

ps I’d look myself but my Leaf is about to go on holiday to Gateshead!!!!!! So currently driving a 40kw.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
A small amount of noise proofing, then the metal of the floor pan. Beneath that is a sizeable empty space between the floor pan and the diffuser that was apparently originally intended for a wireless charger on an Infiniti edition that never happened. Some people have stored things like their spare wheel there, but it requires making an access flap through the diffuser.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
If your thinking of boot storage @Hitstirrer did this:

Leaf boot improvement

Here are some pics of the space under the boot - note the metal floor!

This is with the diffuser removed showing the space left even after fitting a spacesaver spare.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Because the use of the B0 frame limited them to the depth of the boot. On the Dacia original there would be a fuel tank and silencer to use that space. Most of the money was spent on the battery and drive systems.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
If your thinking of boot storage @Hitstirrer did this:

Leaf boot improvement

Here are some pics of the space under the boot - note the metal floor!

View attachment 131345
View attachment 131346

This is with the diffuser removed showing the space left even after fitting a spacesaver spare.

View attachment 131347

Does that not rattle around abit or is it a snug fit?
i'd stick it in a bag as it means when you come to change it the wheel is a lot cleaner and less covered in road crud :)

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Firstly, that's not my car.
Secondly the person bolted the wheel to the underside of the crossmember shown in the picture - it wasn't left loose in the diffuser.
I agree - it would get dirty and bang around, probably breaking the diffuser which is only thin plastic.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm I don’t have the balls to go cuttin* the boot floor from my Leaf!

Im now looking into boot organisers that attach to the back of the seats.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
981 Posts
Do you not already find your trunk deep enough? I’ve never had space issues in my old 30kWh LEAF no matter what I needed to carry. If it was any deeper the huge lip at the back would just make it a real pain getting bulkier items in and out imo.

My Leaf is about to go on holiday to Gateshead!!!!!!
I’m not sure I’d call a trip to Gateshead a holiday. More like a punishment. Possibly even a death sentence!

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you not already find your trunk deep enough? I’ve never had space issues in my old 30kWh LEAF no matter what I needed to carry. If it was any deeper the huge lip at the back would just make it a real pain getting bulkier items in and out imo.

I’m not sure I’d call a trip to Gateshead a holiday. More like a punishment. Possibly even a death sentence!
No there is plenty of space for shopping etc, I just don’t like the charging lead out, it has nowhere to go Even when in its circular case. I don’t mind the granny charger in the Nissan case as it’s neat and hooks on.

I also carry a 25m extension just in case that I’d like somewhere to hide it as doesn’t get used much.

Well the car is happy to go to Gateshead as he’s having a couple of new cells!

·
Super Moderator
7,448 Posts
No there is plenty of space for shopping etc, I just don’t like the charging lead out, it has nowhere to go Even when in its circular case. I don’t mind the granny charger in the Nissan case as it’s neat and hooks on.

I also carry a 25m extension just in case that I’d like somewhere to hide it as doesn’t get used much.

Well the car is happy to go to Gateshead as he’s having a couple of new cells!
Clip the charge cable bag to the seat anchors in the back of the seat, stops them rolling about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts