Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
click bait title, so sorry, but how lucky did I feel catching this advert on ebay

but on ordering it, I found it wasn't !!!!

DSG know about it, but must have used an automatic listing system, and they can't change it - I bet they're getting no end of questions - good job it wasn't a Buy It Now !

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
I take it you are referring to the charge rate?

In which case you’re going to be let down by quite a few “100 kW” cars...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hold on here - I put a little post on just pointing out an amusing advert advertising an unavailable car for the price of an older model at 2 years old, not earth shaking comedy, nor having a rant about dodgy dealers, just hoping to raise a smile in this Brexit obsessed world, and I get slated for it ? :cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
there isn't a single used one for sale on autotrader - plenty of 28kwh, but not the 38kwh

and thats why I'm getting angry - people are just not reading properly - I think it must be Brexit sending everyone mad !
Define 'used'.

Ive seen at least four of them for sale on Auto Trader available to purchase right now. Maybe check for yourself as you seem to be looking in the wrong places.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I spotted the advert the day it was posted and called DSG to check.

Still, it looks cheap even for a 28kWh. Was interested myself but they won't move on price whatsoever. Won't even throw anything in.

So I'll just keep waiting.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You and me both - to be honest, I'm getting a bit peeved off with the whole EV thing - it's just too early for us poor people to get anything half decent - and the old ICE idea of buying a high mileage car cheap doesn't work with EVs - and to cap it all, it seems to me that the manufacturers, for whatever reason, are definitely putting the entry prices for cars up and up. It might get to the point where actually, anyone less than upper middle class might not be able to own a car at all ?!

·
Registered
12 Posts
You and me both - to be honest, I'm getting a bit peeved off with the whole EV thing - it's just too early for us poor people to get anything half decent - and the old ICE idea of buying a high mileage car cheap doesn't work with EVs - and to cap it all, it seems to me that the manufacturers, for whatever reason, are definitely putting the entry prices for cars up and up. It might get to the point where actually, anyone less than upper middle class might not be able to own a car at all ?!
I’ve had a deposit down for the MG ZS EV for the last couple of months. That’s due around March time I believe. £23,495 for the top spec model with a 44.5kWh battery. Test drive was pretty impressive.

It’s probably the only model that makes financial sense to me just now.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts