Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've been tempted by that myself - partly, as daft as it sounds, because I've customised the iGo navigation system before now (reprogramming the workings of it) and the thought of being able to do that, plus download hacked maps as often as required is quite exciting. But, with diesel being the devils own fuel, I got an incredible deal on a Volvo V60 PHEV, a £54k car, for only £14k - and that acts as an EV for 90% of our driving, and doesn't come with any reliability/rusting/range anxiety - so replacing it is not easy any way !

·
Registered
56 Posts
You and me both - to be honest, I'm getting a bit peeved off with the whole EV thing - it's just too early for us poor people to get anything half decent - and the old ICE idea of buying a high mileage car cheap doesn't work with EVs - and to cap it all, it seems to me that the manufacturers, for whatever reason, are definitely putting the entry prices for cars up and up. It might get to the point where actually, anyone less than upper middle class might not be able to own a car at all ?!
I detest ‘class’ but plenty of upper class have high cost houses to maintain and conversely plenty of working class self employed have manipulated/utilised the tax system to allow them to buy (lease) very expensive motors. I spotted the error straight away, but enjoyed the fun of the thread! Glad they’ve changed the add though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I detest ‘class’ but plenty of upper class have high cost houses to maintain and conversely plenty of working class self employed have manipulated/utilised the tax system to allow them to buy (lease) very expensive motors. I spotted the error straight away, but enjoyed the fun of the thread! Glad they’ve changed the add though.
Generally those with the expensive houses have the oldest motors, cheapest way of motoring really, althought with the recent lease deal on the Ioniq, it's not as clear cut anymore.

·
Registered
307 Posts
no it isn't - you can't buy one yet as far as I know - if you don't know anything about ioniqs why are you reading this ?
I was at Hyundai Exeter about a month ago and they had a Premium EV as a demo, and another brand new in the showroom, both light grey! The Premium SE won't be in the country until December i believe.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I didn't think any were available yet - I mean, they only said they'd start taking orders I think October 1st, and yet they can already deliver ?? - how, why, where is that possible in the EV world. Hence my original post, but then I discovered, after making a fool defending myself, there are some available - and looky here :-

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didn't think any were available yet - I mean, they only said they'd start taking orders I think October 1st, and yet they can already deliver ?? - how, why, where is that possible in the EV world. Hence my original post, but then I discovered, after making a fool defending myself, there are some available - and looky here :-

I don't think all dealers had access to them. But people on forums have already had them, so there are some about, and clearly some of them are for sale. It's a good way of owning a car, buy a highly desirable car and sell it for more than paid for it within 3 months, getting 3 months use and turning a small profit. People were doing it with the Tesla M3. Though supply of those has rocketed recently, I think you can order them from Tesla for November delivery anyway now.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
500k mile lifetime is 4p per mile vs 40p per mile.

The more this solidify into fact the more the ev prices will stay high.

The statistics on this Make grim reading.
A 40k car will be worth 20 to 25k after 11 years.

·
Registered
780 Posts

"if you don't know anything about ioniqs why are you reading this ?" ;)

They started delivering at least a month ago:

·
Registered
60 Posts
500k mile lifetime is 4p per mile vs 40p per mile.

The more this solidify into fact the more the ev prices will stay high.

The statistics on this Make grim reading.
A 40k car will be worth 20 to 25k after 11 years.
Are you saying an EV will be good for 500k miles? I'm not sure either that an 11 year old £40k EV will be worth anywhere near £20-25k. What makes you think they will be? In 11 years time probably you'll be able to buy a better, faster charging, longer range brand new EV for £25k as prices fall.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I did hear that there aren't many orders for the 39kwh Kona, so they are using the batteries for the Ioniq 39kwh
I heard this as well. Can it be true? Is this something to do with factory lines that can only produce a certain size or couldn't they just divert cells to the 64kWh line?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have yet to discover anyone that has had a 38kwh delivered! We’ve had no real world feedback on actual range. Does anyone have one yet?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Two 38.3kWh Prem Se's now available (on autotrader) at Hyundai dealers!
Yes, I saw the two 38kWhPremiums at 29 Grand. The SE's are on at £33k and £30k. Mind you it's interesting that the 28kWh prices haven't dropped; there is a private seller asking £25k for a 68Reg 2owner SE that's covered 20kmiles, and one with delivery miles at £30k.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The AO18OOH is our old car, which went to WBAC, if anyone wants info on it
As your offering info, they are selling at £23,950.... I'd expect a trade in of £21k? It looks in mint condition! Did you upgrade? What was the highest range you got from a charge?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
As your offering info, they are selling at £23,950.... I'd expect a trade in of £21k? It looks in mint condition! Did you upgrade? What was the highest range you got from a charge?
We cleared £22675 and 36p! into our bank after the transaction fee and next day payment fees, so not too bad. No known problems with the car at all. WBAC made no deduction for an alloy scuff. The car also was Gen3 glasscoated from new. I also have a 3 year service plan pre-paid......
Highest range in good weather returned 5.8 miles per kWh

·
Registered
239 Posts
We cleared £22675 and 36p! into our bank after the transaction fee and next day payment fees, so not too bad.
Highest range in good weather returned 5.8 miles per kWh
That seems like a really good trade in price. What did the cars retail new - was it about £27k? Just trying to work out what the 2year depreciation vs lease cost will be for the 38kWh for those who are taking the PCH option.
5.8miles per kWh is amazing. Presumably down to 4 last winter? That suggests a winter range of 152 miles for the 38kWh?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts