Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a UK Soul EV First Edition on order for April 2021.

I notice lots of threads about different software, firmware, BMS and map versions. The latest I have seen while browsing forums refer to the 'purple' version and apparently comes with user profiles. But these threads date back to late last summer.

I want to confirm that my car has the latest when it arrives. I cannot find the information of latest versions on the UK Kia website. I note that many owners had to find out themselves as their dealers did not know.

Can you UK Soul EV FE owners provide a picture of the the latest 'versions' screen and confirm when the latest came out. Some of you may have had your unit updated at a service while others may have newer cars.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,520 Posts
I don't think there is any need for a new thread, because as far as I know, things haven't changed.
  • there are basically 3 versions: Sep2020 (a.k.a. purple), Dec2019 and whatever was before that.
  • the version date is in the name, look at the 6digits at the end of the Software name.

Done.

If you see anything different in yours, that will be a welcome surprise.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
542 Posts
The version that introduced the purple hue is still the latest version - version number is 200923.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked up the Soul EV Wednesday (31/3/21). Software and firmware as DSL Red posted above. Scrolling down, the Nav App and Maps versions are as below. Maps speed limits on some local 'A' roads are years out of date.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a UK Soul EV First Edition on order for April 2021.

I notice lots of threads about different software, firmware, BMS and map versions. The latest I have seen while browsing forums refer to the 'purple' version and apparently comes with user profiles. But these threads date back to late last summer.

I want to confirm that my car has the latest when it arrives. I cannot find the information of latest versions on the UK Kia website. I note that many owners had to find out themselves as their dealers did not know.

Can you UK Soul EV FE owners provide a picture of the the latest 'versions' screen and confirm when the latest came out. Some of you may have had your unit updated at a service while others may have newer cars.

Thanks,

John
I've recently taken delivery of Kia Soul EV which has the 191223 software version.
I phoned my local Kia dealer in Canterbury and requested an upgrade, only to be told that there were 'issues' with the most recent version and that they were holding off performing updates until a new version was available.
Has anyone had similar feedback or seen any 'issues'?

Cheers
Mike
Kia Soul EV First Edition 2021 - Neptune Blue

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
542 Posts
I've recently taken delivery of Kia Soul EV which has the 191223 software version.
I phoned my local Kia dealer in Canterbury and requested an upgrade, only to be told that there were 'issues' with the most recent version and that they were holding off performing updates until a new version was available.

Cheers
Mike
Sounds like a load of nonsense to me. I haven't heard of a single issue with build 200923 (I think, a.k.a. the purple version). I certainly haven't had any.

·
Super Moderator
7,472 Posts
Sounds like a load of nonsense to me. I haven't heard of a single issue with build 200923 (I think, a.k.a. the purple version). I certainly haven't had any.
There is a bug with CarPlay. Turn the radio off then turn the car off. Now turn the car on, plug in your phone, wait a few seconds and try and use CarPlay, it won’t find your phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Cheers
Mike
Yes I had a replacement head unit for my 2020 Soul EV and it was returned with a much earlier version of the software (complete with the HUD speed limit minus 1 issue) than was on at delivery - fortunately I had photographed the screen after the recall update and before the head unit swap. The dealer also told me they couldn't run the update due to issues with the then current issue so on 20 May I took the car back for the update and sat and waited. After around 3.5 hours I was informed that the update had failed to load! I now have to take it in on Monday (14 June) for 2 days so that they can sort it in conjunction with Kia technical support. Finger crossed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts