Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a UK Soul EV First Edition on order for April 2021.

I notice lots of threads about different software, firmware, BMS and map versions. The latest I have seen while browsing forums refer to the 'purple' version and apparently comes with user profiles. But these threads date back to late last summer.

I want to confirm that my car has the latest when it arrives. I cannot find the information of latest versions on the UK Kia website. I note that many owners had to find out themselves as their dealers did not know.

Can you UK Soul EV FE owners provide a picture of the the latest 'versions' screen and confirm when the latest came out. Some of you may have had your unit updated at a service while others may have newer cars.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
3,662 Posts
I don't think there is any need for a new thread, because as far as I know, things haven't changed.
  • there are basically 3 versions: Sep2020 (a.k.a. purple), Dec2019 and whatever was before that.
  • the version date is in the name, look at the 6digits at the end of the Software name.

Done.

If you see anything different in yours, that will be a welcome surprise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked up the Soul EV Wednesday (31/3/21). Software and firmware as DSL Red posted above. Scrolling down, the Nav App and Maps versions are as below. Maps speed limits on some local 'A' roads are years out of date.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a UK Soul EV First Edition on order for April 2021.

I notice lots of threads about different software, firmware, BMS and map versions. The latest I have seen while browsing forums refer to the 'purple' version and apparently comes with user profiles. But these threads date back to late last summer.

I want to confirm that my car has the latest when it arrives. I cannot find the information of latest versions on the UK Kia website. I note that many owners had to find out themselves as their dealers did not know.

Can you UK Soul EV FE owners provide a picture of the the latest 'versions' screen and confirm when the latest came out. Some of you may have had your unit updated at a service while others may have newer cars.

Thanks,

John
I've recently taken delivery of Kia Soul EV which has the 191223 software version.
I phoned my local Kia dealer in Canterbury and requested an upgrade, only to be told that there were 'issues' with the most recent version and that they were holding off performing updates until a new version was available.
Has anyone had similar feedback or seen any 'issues'?

Cheers
Mike
Kia Soul EV First Edition 2021 - Neptune Blue

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,501 Posts
I've recently taken delivery of Kia Soul EV which has the 191223 software version.
I phoned my local Kia dealer in Canterbury and requested an upgrade, only to be told that there were 'issues' with the most recent version and that they were holding off performing updates until a new version was available.

Cheers
Mike
Sounds like a load of nonsense to me. I haven't heard of a single issue with build 200923 (I think, a.k.a. the purple version). I certainly haven't had any.

·
Super Moderator
8,763 Posts
Sounds like a load of nonsense to me. I haven't heard of a single issue with build 200923 (I think, a.k.a. the purple version). I certainly haven't had any.
There is a bug with CarPlay. Turn the radio off then turn the car off. Now turn the car on, plug in your phone, wait a few seconds and try and use CarPlay, it won’t find your phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Cheers
Mike
Yes I had a replacement head unit for my 2020 Soul EV and it was returned with a much earlier version of the software (complete with the HUD speed limit minus 1 issue) than was on at delivery - fortunately I had photographed the screen after the recall update and before the head unit swap. The dealer also told me they couldn't run the update due to issues with the then current issue so on 20 May I took the car back for the update and sat and waited. After around 3.5 hours I was informed that the update had failed to load! I now have to take it in on Monday (14 June) for 2 days so that they can sort it in conjunction with Kia technical support. Finger crossed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there. Late to this party.

I've just bought a 2020 Soul ev and am trying to come to terms with the fact that I have to take it into a dealer to get a firmware/software update, whereas if I lived in Canada, say, I could do it myself. Bonkers. Anyway, needs must,

So I've been trying to establish what the lastest build is, so I can be well armed when I go back to the dealer. My config is below.

It looks to me that I have a config which is older than others displayed here.

So the consensus is 200923 is still the latest build?

P.S. I also have the speed limit -1 on the HUD.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,501 Posts
200923 was the first purple version from Sept last year, but that was upgraded again in March this year - not sure what the firmware version is because I haven't applied it yet, but I guess it is 2103xx. I am on 200923.

If you want to do it yourself there are links to download sites on here, you just need a FAT32 formatted USB stick.

200923 fixed the speed -1 issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I had a replacement head unit for my 2020 Soul EV and it was returned with a much earlier version of the software (complete with the HUD speed limit minus 1 issue) than was on at delivery - fortunately I had photographed the screen after the recall update and before the head unit swap. The dealer also told me they couldn't run the update due to issues with the then current issue so on 20 May I took the car back for the update and sat and waited. After around 3.5 hours I was informed that the update had failed to load! I now have to take it in on Monday (14 June) for 2 days so that they can sort it in conjunction with Kia technical support. Finger crossed.
Well after a 4 day attempt by the dealer they have now ordered a replacement head unit as it has proven impossible to update the software on this one.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,450 Posts
Interesting info here. I noticed on my test drive yesterday the speed limit -1mph issue. So there is an update. Any news of any further updates?

·
Registered
270 Posts
New head unit fitted on Monday and software updated successfully. View attachment 148032
Thanks, that is useful to know. I just upgraded from a MY18 Soul EV to an ex-demo 1st Edition and was told the software would be the latest version. That image proves it isn't, so I can go back and get it done.
What is the latest version for the Map?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting info here. I noticed on my test drive yesterday the speed limit -1mph issue. So there is an update. Any news of any further updates?
I thought this was the latest - it was updated by my dealer in June when I reported my used Soul had the -1mph issue [no fuss, no excuses, no delay, no charge]. Took them about 45 mins.

It seems that the latest is now 210603. Thanks Kernow Soul.

PS - I dont bother with the maps - Google via Android Auto I find much better. The speed limits are not consistently correct and I have turned them off in the HUD. If you drive on smart motorways, then they are next to useless as they read 70mph all the time.

Font Gadget Communication Device Technology Display device

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.