Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

What are latest software, maps versions (March 2021) ?

14K views 84 replies 22 participants last post by  Cabby7 
I've recently taken delivery of Kia Soul EV which has the 191223 software version.
I phoned my local Kia dealer in Canterbury and requested an upgrade, only to be told that there were 'issues' with the most recent version and that they were holding off performing updates until a new version was available.
Has anyone had similar feedback or seen any 'issues'?

Cheers
Mike
Kia Soul EV First Edition 2021 - Neptune Blue
Yes I had a replacement head unit for my 2020 Soul EV and it was returned with a much earlier version of the software (complete with the HUD speed limit minus 1 issue) than was on at delivery - fortunately I had photographed the screen after the recall update and before the head unit swap. The dealer also told me they couldn't run the update due to issues with the then current issue so on 20 May I took the car back for the update and sat and waited. After around 3.5 hours I was informed that the update had failed to load! I now have to take it in on Monday (14 June) for 2 days so that they can sort it in conjunction with Kia technical support. Finger crossed.

Yes I had a replacement head unit for my 2020 Soul EV and it was returned with a much earlier version of the software (complete with the HUD speed limit minus 1 issue) than was on at delivery - fortunately I had photographed the screen after the recall update and before the head unit swap. The dealer also told me they couldn't run the update due to issues with the then current issue so on 20 May I took the car back for the update and sat and waited. After around 3.5 hours I was informed that the update had failed to load! I now have to take it in on Monday (14 June) for 2 days so that they can sort it in conjunction with Kia technical support. Finger crossed.
Well after a 4 day attempt by the dealer they have now ordered a replacement head unit as it has proven impossible to update the software on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.