Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The newer Leaf have a faster and stronger processor and more memory so operations are quicker.
Regarding the CD player.
Really? When was the last time anyone used a CD??
Nowadays you can just put all the music you want on your phone or a memory stick and play it from there.
I'm sure the new 40kw can access your phone via Bluetooth and play all your music. Unless you have an Icrap, then you would have to get your music on itunes..

·
Registered
335 Posts
Funnily enough, I am sat in my reclining chair, this very moment, listening to a CD that I got at the charity shop for 50P though I will admit most of my music is ripped to WAV files and stored on an hard drive. Shame to car won't play WAV files, had to convert some to MP3 and put hem on a USB stick for the car.

Miss the CD player in the car, I know you had to carry loads of CD's around in the car, but it seemed easier some how.

·
Registered
75 Posts
8-Track? Cassette? The pace of change with regards to physical media has been huge. I optioned a system (NavPro) in my Golf GTi in 2013 (which I still own) that ripped CDs to a hard disk drive in the car (actually SSD) - and now I have no CDs so I could not re-populate the jukebox in the car today. I have replaced CDs with uncompressed FLAC digital files for home consumption.

FWIW the Dynaudio sound system (also optional) in my Golf is superior to the BOSE in the LEAF - subject to the inevitable losses of compressed audio, which in a vehicle are somewhat overwhelmed by environmental noise.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I'm actually struggling to recall what the satnav was like in my 2 Zero or if it had the NC app.
But I will say the NC app is 100x more effective than the previous one.
And the satnav gives current traffic flow overlay on the mapping. That is impressive.
The new UI is better too.
As to 62 or 100 current and future models if you need that range/capacity then fine but I'm finding my 40s have been about the sweet spot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
@ElectricIan - the satnav in the 2.zero was basically the same as that in the previous generation LEAFs and, for me, 2 years out of date! It used the same NC app as for the older variants as well. Glad to hear that the new NC app is functioning much better and certainly the benefits of the new TomTom based satnav in the current MY (model year) LEAF is very appealing... however, I do like the "extra" features found on the 2.zero (i.e. ProPilot). What made you "upgrade" to the newer 40kWh version after a short amount of time? I don't think I can justify the cost differential. Like you, the 40kWh battery is ideal for me and a fair compromise based on the distances I travel.

@husoi - I have a stash of CDs and really don't have time to rip them to a digital format! Sometimes it is nice to listen to CDs - maybe this is due to my age!! ;) There are certainly some benefits to "old technology"... ;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
@ElectricIan - the satnav in the 2.zero was basically the same as that in the previous generation LEAFs and, for me, 2 years out of date! It used the same NC app as for the older variants as well. Glad to hear that the new NC app is functioning much better and certainly the benefits of the new TomTom based satnav in the current MY (model year) LEAF is very appealing... however, I do like the "extra" features found on the 2.zero (i.e. ProPilot). What made you "upgrade" to the newer 40kWh version after a short amount of time? I don't think I can justify the cost differential. Like you, the 40kWh battery is ideal for me and a fair compromise based on the distances I travel.

@husoi - I have a stash of CDs and really don't have time to rip them to a digital format! Sometimes it is nice to listen to CDs - maybe this is due to my age!! ;) There are certainly some benefits to "old technology"... ;)
Was the my18 still using Carwings? Can't recall. But new version is very stable.
I didn't think I would get much use from Propilot but thought it was a very very good first attempt.
I certainly miss it. But it was a luxury not a necessity.

As to why I changed so quickly? It was 16 months and I did ok out of it. ;). That was quite old. I sold my 30 Tekna at a year old.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Do the 2018 Leaf 2.Zeros have apple car play with mirroring so you could use waze instead of the out of date supplied maps? Is there a minimum battery percentage for not plugged in pre heating?

Is there an official change over date between the old system and the new TomTom one? I've got TomTom on the Zoe and it's been useless.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Android auto and Apple Carplay was in the 2 Zero.
There probably is a minimum but I don't know it.
And the change over I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Gosh - we've missed the main improvement over the previous model 40kWh!!!

Nissan have fixed the bug where the wing mirrors sometimes fail to open after the pre-heat has been used.

Well, before you get carried away with cheering, they've half-fixed it. The divers side mirror unfolds, but the passenger side still doesn't. Ho hum.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Gosh - we've missed the main improvement over the previous model 40kWh!!!

Nissan have fixed the bug where the wing mirrors sometimes fail to open after the pre-heat has been used.

Well, before you get carried away with cheering, they've half-fixed it. The divers side mirror unfolds, but the passenger side still doesn't. Ho hum.
Yeah, same on mine.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts