Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on the dash and wondered what these are.

any thoughts

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,169 Posts
The first one looks like your microphone for hands free calling? It should be somewhere overhead with the cabling nearly tucked out of the way. The second one is some sort of antenna/receiver by the looks of it.

I don’t have any context. But it could also be some sort of aftermarket install if you have bought a used car maybe. Something like a parrot car kit or an upgraded head unit may come with such things to hide away by yourself. Some car share computers also may use components that look similar to this too.

I’m not familiar with the outlander so don’t know what is supposed to be there. But they aren’t supposed to be laying loose where they are. I can tell you that much.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Those make sense. Yes it is a used car. Hope someone has a nice picture of where they are supposed to be

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
This looks very much like an after-market kit that is not very elegantly fitted, not original Mitsubishi. The Juro does not have satnav built in IIRC, so you need CarPlay/Android Auto (which is best anyway). Perhaps previous owner had a satnav unit fitted somewhere, or an external kit for their phone to boost reception for their phone; the dash mounted widget looks very much a like a GPS or GSM antenna. Are there any cables lurking in central console or glovebox that look like they would plug into phone?

I would unstick the dash mounted widget and see what it says on the bottom; is there a manufacturer name or part number?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Can't you ask the previous owner?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can’t see anything on microphone. Can’t find any possible plugin points in the glove box or near central console. Will check tomorrow AM

ripped the antenna open and here are the insides

·
Registered
133 Posts
Interesting, that looks very generic and Google doesn't help. It also looks broken, the clear plastic piece has an antenna component in it that looks to have been ripped off; it looks like the kind of antenna that should be stuck to the inside of the windscreen (like GPS or DAB radio antenna or something), and it no longer is. Probably you'll find the wire is long enough for the black box to reach towards the top of the windscreen where it would have been stuck down? Maybe when it was cleaned it was dislodged.

Sorry this is not much help for the mystery of what it is, you could trace the wiring back to whatever blackbox it is connected to in the depths of the dashboard. It must be linked to the previous owner and some function, but I really don't think this is manufacturer equipment.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one that came off the windscreen looks like a DAB antenna - why since Juro has DAB in factory specs

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to take it into the Big Motoring World Maidenhead office for removal in 2 weeks

·
Registered
864 Posts
The one that came off the windscreen looks like a DAB antenna - why since Juro has DAB in factory specs

Some OEM antennas are not always the best for performance in weak signal areas, so possibly that was an attempt to get more consistent reception...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to add that I took it in and they took the dash off and it was the hands free kit. They asked if I really wanted to remove it or just tuck it in properly.

I said having BT hands free would be good and they fixed it up properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts