• Keep calm and carry on!

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
14,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in what people are going to be getting up to in these unprecedented times. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
You missed out leaving the planet and working out where to store all the toilet rolls. Me? might wash the car. Bit of gardening. Follow speakEV. And try not to panic.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was hoping to spend some time relaxing, spot of cooking, acting as domestic goddess, you know the general stuff that accompanies adult life after a certain age, but in reality, the doctor will need running into work and back home both days, a round trip of nearly 40 miles and with the increasing influx of parcels to be delivered coming through the network I imagine I'll be out rallying the troops, doling out food and drink as a thank you for their hard work in the face of adversity and pitching in to help wherever I can.

So not a lot then :LOL:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'll go for a bike ride.
I think that is on the list of enjoyments that Boris is planning to ban.
Spain bans cycling amid coronavirus outbreak

Me, I should have been going for a drive around Mid-Wales for an event that I was organising, now instead looking for an excuse not to do he gardening!

All change whilst typing, apparently I have to work as an "essential" childminder.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I said self isolating above, which is my standard weekend plan and, in my londoner's mind, a blessed way to spend time. I may try to get some food too though, as the 2 pears that were all that was left in my local supermarket last time I went shopping may not be enough to feed us until the end of the week.

For full disclosure, they had some dates left too, and I took a pack of them, but not sure how much good that will do to my diabetes if it becomes the basis of my diet.

·
Super Moderator
11,440 Posts
Sadly no. The magnet is bit to big to carry in an i3.

I've got several remote monitors in place. Mostly I'll be looking at log files and interacting with servers via SSH. We also have a laptop camera pointing at the alarm panel. I can look at it via Skype

Never thought I would use the terminal app on my phone for working from home.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Keeping the hell away from all shops and supermarkets. My idea of heaven.
I will be really enjoying the time away from the shops !.
My wife loves to shop.
She could find a shop on the moon I am sure !.
What is it with women and shopping ?.
I just don’t get it - thank god !.
She will be walking up and down the house like a caged tiger after a couple of weeks of this isolation lark.
I am hoping for some dry weather at the weekend to get some gardening done.
All that heavy rain has made it impossible to get any gardening duties done so far.
We had a very rare sunny day on Thursday, so I did manage to get the first cut of the year done on my front lawn.
Being confined to the house is going to be really hard work.
If we get a nice day next week, we may try driving to the North Wales coast and having a packed lunch in the car.
Try and get some of that nice fresh sea air into our lungs.
No contact allowed with other people though !.
Seeing the same four walls is going to be hard.
Long term isolation is going to drive people mad.
Necessary - maybe ?.
Nice - Not at all !.
Hopefully, some thing we can all reflect on in a few years & say to our grand children :-
“Do you remember the time we where confined to our homes for weeks on end in 2020”.
Stay safe folks !.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

Apparently we cannot catch colds if we keep away from other people. Why then do we become sickly after being made cold & wet?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I said self isolating above, which is my standard weekend plan and, in my londoner's mind, a blessed way to spend time. I may try to get some food too though, as the 2 pears that were all that was left in my local supermarket last time I went shopping may not be enough to feed us until the end of the week.

For full disclosure, they had some dates left too, and I took a pack of them, but not sure how much good that will do to my diabetes if it becomes the basis of my diet.
Good disclosure.

Self-isolation is causing me to develop insomnia. I suspect reduced daylight exposure, reduced exercise, and reduced work because my remote log-on keeps dropping!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I, like many other people, have suddenly become interested in driving simulators so will be designing and building my own rig out of wood this weekend to mount my steering wheel and pedals in.

Apparently there is a world wide shortage of kit as all the bloody F1 drivers have bought it all :LOL:!

Just need to source a bucket seat as well, but will beat playing F1 2019 on the computer desk with the pedals held in place by three bricks to stop them sliding back and the wheel trying to vibrate the monitor off the table due to the force feedback.

Always wanted a Sim rig but never thought I would have time to justify one, silver linings and all that...:)

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,362 Posts
Why isn't "going to work" on the list?

·
Super Moderator
6,080 Posts
Having a proper wood fired pizza oven in the garden, we (as a family) have been cooking genuine italian pizzas to help support a local charity that my daughter works for (furloughed) and my wife and I are trustees of. Tonight we are cooking and delivering about 70 in about 3 hours........Yes the stress is getting worse......

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
1 - 20 of 72 Posts