• Self-isolating

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Keep calm and carry on!

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
879 Posts
I thought I would start to have time at last to tame an unruly garden. But garden waste collections have understandably stopped, tips are closed and my newly-made third compost heap is full already...
First world problems...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I have set myself a target, which is to celebrate end of lockdown by flying solo.

I never before had time to think about sitting the pilot exams. I have the text books, which are dry reading, and there are plenty of flight simulation kits available online. My interest restarted with some poor attempts at landing in Geo-FS.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tomorrow, cycling home from Liverpool, a mere 80 odd miles.
Sunday, sorting payroll and all the other administrative duties I've overlooked this week.
Lucky me.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Tomorrow, cycling home from Liverpool, a mere 80 odd miles.
Clearly I have missed something. How does that count as allowed exercise? Or have you self-justified it as a means of essential travel to work?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Clearly I have missed something. How does that count as allowed exercise? Or have you self-justified it as a means of essential travel to work?
Over the course of the last week I have worked in Derby, where I am based, Lincoln, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool and have overnighted in the relevant depot before continuing my travels. There was absolutely no chance I was going to catch a train back from Liverpool with the hoi polloi, so cycling home was the obvious answer.
While the weather is as good as it is and the roads are so quiet, I've decided to make the car redundant and get my exercise and essential travel in one hit.
It's obviously doing me some good, I've lost another stone in weight over the last 3 weeks and completed the 83 mile journey in less five and a half hours.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
While the weather is as good as it is and the roads are so quiet, I've decided to make the car redundant and get my exercise and essential travel in one hit.
It's obviously doing me some good, I've lost another stone in weight over the last 3 weeks and completed the 83 mile journey in less five and a half hours.
Impressive! (y)
How did you get around all the other places?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,362 Posts
.... essential travel to work?
What does that mean?

Essential travel to get to work, or travel to essential work?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Impressive! (y)
How did you get around all the other places?
I cycled to each one and slept, fed myself and showered in the local depot, so a continuous journey over the course of the week.
Monday in Derby then in the evening cycled the 56 miles to Lincoln ready for work on Tuesday, followed by another 60 odd miles to Batley in Leeds on the Tuesday evening ready for a days work in Leeds on Wednesday. From Batley it's only a quick hop over the Pennines to Manchester, a mere 33 miles ready for Thursdays work and a further 35 miles to the centre of Liverpool on Friday. A good nights sleep last night and an early start this morning and it was a relatively painless journey home. So roughly 275 miles for the round trip.

Apart from the odd members of staff who I socially distanced from, I've come into contact with absolutely no one over the course of the week.

It might sound excessive to some but I ride these kind of distances on a regular basis. My daily commute from home, or the girlfriends, to the office in Derby, is anywhere between 16-23 miles each way and I do that 5 or 6 days a week, whatever the weather.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Welcome @Conniption (y)

This weekend, while waiting for a flight sim delivery, I am doing one of the law courses delivered by Harvard.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Pretty much life as usual.
Went out on the water yesterday, but never go Sat/Sun/BH as all the weekend warriors/wallys are there with their jetskis.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ordering as many cargobikes as I can get my hands on, business is booming.
With any luck, might get the I-Pace out for a drive over to Manchester tomorrow, the first time it's turned it's wheels in anger for the last couple of months.
Other than that, business as usual, make as much of the long days as possible and earn some moollah while it's still there to be had.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts