Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Keep calm and carry on!

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,293 Posts
The problem is there doesn't seem to be a weekend at present.
Every day is Saturday; except for Sunday when some people go to chu....:unsure:. Nope everyday is Saturday :)
Sunday is when the shops close and the law says you can't open a shop or go to the cinema ... err, oh yeah, they changed that one, didn't they ....

(Not so long ago, either, funnily enough, was just a widely ignored law ....)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The problem is there doesn't seem to be a weekend at present.
Every day is Saturday; except for Sunday when some people go to chu....:unsure:. Nope everyday is Saturday :)
Some of us are still working from home, so the weekends are very much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
This weekend I am learning even more random stuff.

·
26,293 Posts
This weekend I am learning even more random stuff.
You will be pleased to know that, starting from Shannon's Theorem and thermodynamics, learning random stuff takes no 'work' at all, though it is questionable whether you can really 'learn' something random because it would be impossible to prove that you knew something later that you did not know before.

But there is a logical inconsistency issue that arises because if you were to take truly random stuff and 'learn' it, then it is no longer random.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,626 Posts
Alternatively you could spend your time contemplating the true meaning of Donald's comment.

Warning! Danger of brain fuse!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You will be pleased to know that, starting from Shannon's Theorem and thermodynamics, learning random stuff takes no 'work' at all, though it is questionable whether you can really 'learn' something random because it would be impossible to prove that you knew something later that you did not know before.

But there is a logical inconsistency issue that arises because if you were to take truly random stuff and 'learn' it, then it is no longer random.
🤣 Does this have a copyright?

·
26,293 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just got my first windsurfing session in for absolutely ages, making use of the unseasonably blustery conditions. Social distancing at it's finest, just me and my board in the middle of a 3kmsq reservoir, yet some curtain twitcher still decided that the police should be called against someone actually enjoying themselves.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Oooohh look Ethel. He's endangering the emergency services and putting potential strain on the darling NHS by doing something that I might consider dangerous. Let's call the police.
Seriously though, it's a fine line. I'm at the age where I'm neither as fit, have as fast reactions or am as supple as I was. Yet in my social circle a number of friends have dusted off their bikes, subsequently falling off and requiring operations in hospital. A similar thing happened to "the Nation's PE teacher" Joe Wicks. We all need to keep fit and enjoy ourselves but it is a matter of drawing a line at an appropriate point. Clearly @Swagman 's is far more advanced than mine, and it should be left to the individual to decide what is appropriate. Those that get it wrong at the moment should suffer appropriate humiliation for "endangering" the NHS. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Oooohh look Ethel. He's endangering the emergency services and putting potential strain on the darling NHS by doing something that I might consider dangerous. Let's call the police.
Seriously though, it's a fine line. I'm at the age where I'm neither as fit, have as fast reactions or am as supple as I was. Yet in my social circle a number of friends have dusted off their bikes, subsequently falling off and requiring operations in hospital. A similar thing happened to "the Nation's PE teacher" Joe Wicks. We all need to keep fit and enjoy ourselves but it is a matter of drawing a line at an appropriate point. Clearly @Swagman 's is far more advanced than mine, and it should be left to the individual to decide what is appropriate. Those that get it wrong at the moment should suffer appropriate humiliation for "endangering" the NHS. ;)
Whilst trying not to be argumentative, a lot of the NHS at the moment are just not that busy.

I waited about 12 months on a list to receive some investigations into a health issue I’ve been having, and those investigations had just started pre Covid. Further appointments were understandably cancelled, but out of the blue the hospital called me about 3 weeks ago, asking me to come in. I’ve now had my 4th outpatient appointment since then, the people who’ve treated me said they’ve been really pleased to be doing something useful at last.

I totally get why everything was switched to preparing for Cv-19, but a lot of paused stuff is getting switched back on now, but of course medical professionals on Covid wards have been going through it.

One of my Aunts is a mental health nurse, now she is busy!

There’s a balance to be struck between not going mad and not getting hurt.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Seriously though, it's a fine line.
"All forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed."

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I feel that @Swagman was entirely justified in doing what he wanted, but that misses the point. Everything in life has risks, and for some the activities that they are undertaking are beyond their current capabilities. As an example if I undertook the same windsurfing lesson I'd need rescuing, and hence what is appropriate for one is not for another.
in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority
Which would include a requirement for competence or supervision.

·
26,293 Posts
I cannot remotely comprehend this idiotic 'oh, if you do something and have an accident you will be straining the system'.

What a lot of utter, total, sheeple crap.

Let's just STOP F'ING LIVING THEN. It's the same level of 'strain' and risk at any other time, if not lower because the hospitals are empty in preparation for this supposed wave of overload (which never came).

·
26,293 Posts
... very few rules/laws around competence in leisure boasting....
Sounds like a pub game after a few drinks.

Out of interest, what is regarded as a measure of 'success' in this new pastime? How would you identify the competent ones from the less competent?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Sounds like a pub game after a few drinks.

Out of interest, what is regarded as a measure of 'success' in this new pastime? How would you identify the competent ones from the less competent?
:ROFLMAO:
The pubs are still shut, so we'll have to wait a while.

[Original post now edited]

41 - 60 of 72 Posts