Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

What are your top thoughts on the next 3 weeks?

• Waheey! I can spend 3 weeks on speakev!!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • OMG, donald can now spend 3 weeks on speakev!!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Well, that's a good excuse not to visit the in-laws

• I can finally go through that pile of old paperwork

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • At least I've got all the bits to do that DIY job I've not had time in the last 7 years to finish

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I hope the telly doesn't break

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Crisis, what crisis? I'm on holiday

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun!! ;)

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,648 Posts
I have been astonished for years to see how Donald manages to post on every thread I look at as well as going to work.

I cannot conceive how he can be more omnipresent!

No doubt I will find out.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Besides working from home..
Yesterday got all the stuff I will need to paint my motorbike.
So will have plenty of time for it ;)

·
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have been astonished for years to see how Donald manages to post on every thread I look at as well as going to work.

I cannot conceive how he can be more omnipresent!

No doubt I will find out.
I wonder that myself, yet when I look at the 'new' post link, the icons indicate I have only posted in very few.

I suspect the answer, then, is that what interests you also interests me.

Edit; FWIW of 35 active topics showing on my 'new' link, I have made posts to 5 of those.

If you also have posted in 5 of 35 threads, and they are the same 5 threads, the probability of picking one particular set of 5 is 1 in 38,955,840. The chances of you picking the same 5 thread randomly is therefore that permutation squared = 1.51755747×10^15.

The chances being astronomically low means that ... you're stalking me!! ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Probably not look on this forum, too much CV chat!

To be honest I only use this forum as a means to break up my office work every now and then, but since I'm now 'furloughed' instead I'll just be getting on with the 'to do' list and getting my round tuit, in between spending more time with the wife and little'un.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Someone has to keep the economy going :lol:
I wonder what proportion of the employed population are actually at home (home working or furloughed).
I was a little surprised to see hardware stores on the 'essential' list, but I suppose there are things there that might be needed in a building emergency, even if DIY doesn't count.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Run out of grass to cut. Time to start clearing out the garage. Few other jobs in mind while I wait for the grass to grow again.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
I wonder what proportion of the employed population are actually at home (home working or furloughed).
I was a little surprised to see hardware stores on the 'essential' list, but I suppose there are things there that might be needed in a building emergency, even if DIY doesn't count.
I was more surprised to see ‘Bicycle Shops’ on the list of essential stores to remain open.

I suppose I might need a new wheel or chain, but hardly essential unless it was aimed at keeping the bicycle commuters on the road rather than crushing into the Tube...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was more surprised to see ‘Bicycle Shops’ on the list of essential stores to remain open.

I suppose I might need a new wheel or chain, but hardly essential unless it was aimed at keeping the bicycle commuters on the road rather than crushing into the Tube...
Essential transport, especially for those on the bottom rungs of the pay-scale.
There are only half a dozen bike shops in Derby, and only 2 that I would be happy to let service any of my bikes, but there are plenty of people cycling now that spring has sprung.
Might look into a mobile bike mechanic service as another income stream if 3 weeks extends into months. I'd imagine a lot more people will be considering cycling as an option as time goes by.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
Essential transport, especially for those on the bottom rungs of the pay-scale.
If London is anything to go by, and Brompton‘s or Moustache bikes being the steed of choice, I’d question the bottom rung Comment!

Outside of London or other big university cities, cycle commuting isn’t a major thing. I’m not against it at all by the way, it’s a very good way to get about, just not viable for large swathes of the country, bottom rung of the pay scale or not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Run out of grass to cut. Time to start clearing out the garage. Few other jobs in mind while I wait for the grass to grow again.
Anywhere near Derby?
I've got nearly 5 acres if you're getting bored :LOL:
I'd planned to let it grow as wild meadow, help all the bees and insects, but if you're bored I'm sure you could tackle some of it as a kind of therapy.
How does me charging you £30/hr for the service sound?

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,648 Posts
I wonder that myself, yet when I look at the 'new' post link, the icons indicate I have only posted in very few.

I suspect the answer, then, is that what interests you also interests me.

Edit; FWIW of 35 active topics showing on my 'new' link, I have made posts to 5 of those.

If you also have posted in 5 of 35 threads, and they are the same 5 threads, the probability of picking one particular set of 5 is 1 in 38,955,840. The chances of you picking the same 5 thread randomly is therefore that permutation squared = 1.51755747×10^15.

The chances being astronomically low means that ... you're stalking me!! ;)
Drat! I've been rumbled!

Did you know that the percentage of statistics made up on the spot has risen from 87.5 percent to 90 percent?

·
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No option for still working?
It only gave me 7 options to propose. Do you really want work to be one of your top 7 things to do in life? How many people say, in their dying breath "I wish I had worked more". Think forward to what you might say, and maybe we should all use this time to reassess our lives ... do that!

Yeah, I know, we get so bound up in the daily struggle of making ends meet, but it seems the more we work, as a society, the more expensive things get so we have to do more. Am I the only one that thinks that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
If London is anything to go by, and Brompton‘s or Moustache bikes being the steed of choice, I’d question the bottom rung Comment!

Outside of London or other big university cities, cycle commuting isn’t a major thing. I’m not against it at all by the way, it’s a very good way to get about, just not viable for large swathes of the country, bottom rung of the pay scale or not.
Not everywhere is London though.
Even a £1200 Brompton is only £5/week on finance which many people use during the cheap finance boom we have been in lately, far cheaper than catching the bus or train while giving exercise to boot.

·
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Drat! I've been rumbled!

Did you know that the percentage of statistics made up on the spot has risen from 87.5 percent to 90 percent?
I am sure that is a fact.

And 30% of facts are actually true!

·
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Perhaps the answer might be more far-reaching ... a plan for curbing the sale of petrol and diesel .... ?

The way things are going, though, a full tank now should see most people until May at the earliest!

·
Registered
144 Posts
It only gave me 7 options to propose. Do you really want work to be one of your top 7 things to do in life? How many people say, in their dying breath "I wish I had worked more". Think forward to what you might say, and use this time to reassess you life ... do that!

Yeah, I know, we get so bound up in the daily struggle of meeting ends meet, but it seems the more we work, as a society, the more expensive things get so we have to do more. Am I the only one that thinks that?
Very true Donald.
I took 5 years out of my life to cycle round the world in my 40's and another 5 years to sail yachts and see as much of the world at an age where I could really appreciate it.
I'm extremely lucky, I'm not caught up in the need to own lots of things, got a modest house, most of my possesions could be packed into a rucksack and there is always a bag packed by the door if opportunities arise to go and do something more interesting come along.
Right now however, it is work, work, work. As society pivots ever more to online shopping someone has to service these needs.
Luckily, it's paying off extremely well.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It only gave me 7 options to propose. Do you really want work to be one of your top 7 things to do in life? How many people say, in their dying breath "I wish I had worked more". Think forward to what you might say, and maybe we should all use this time to reassess our lives ... do that!

Yeah, I know, we get so bound up in the daily struggle of making ends meet, but it seems the more we work, as a society, the more expensive things get so we have to do more. Am I the only one that thinks that?
I don't see finishing making one's own CNC milling machine on there..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts