Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

What are your top thoughts on the next 3 weeks?

• Waheey! I can spend 3 weeks on speakev!!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • OMG, donald can now spend 3 weeks on speakev!!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Well, that's a good excuse not to visit the in-laws

• I can finally go through that pile of old paperwork

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • At least I've got all the bits to do that DIY job I've not had time in the last 7 years to finish

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I hope the telly doesn't break

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Crisis, what crisis? I'm on holiday

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
I’ve started researching my electric car conversion project. Now all I need is to find a decent surrogate!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No option for still working?
Everyday is Groundhog Day for me.
Someone has to keep the economy going :lol:
Exactly. It's driving me and my colleagues insane. Some of my colleagues are not online - I hope they are ok.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Work as usual - only from home

Delivering to the military won’t stop :)

even though my work is in future technology, if we don’t push on the gap in capability may not be next week but in 5yrs time

my team are busier than ever as they are managing family and work

It’s great fun though and providing a unique work life..... balance is the wrong word now as it’s not one or the other and balancing between but they now exist as one - work life mix

JJ

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
25,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That's the difference, donald himself cannot conceive how he can be more omniscient!

(sorry donald, couldn't resist)
Go for it! I It's too depressing when people take themselves, or me, too seriously. Time and place for humour, time and place for logic. Important to know which.

On the subject of 'time', I also appear to be 'omnichronic' at the moment, if that is a word?! WTF am I doing up at this time? But without the self-setting reference of a 9 to 5 I thought I might drift to more like up at dawn and bed when tired, but I am actually drifting to either side of daylight hours, up 3hrs before dawn and bed 3hrs after sunset ... hmmm ... well, I suppose, why not?

·
25,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Whatever nonsense logic you hold, you're still a joker ... ;)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I wonder how the supermarket hoarders are going to feel like in a couple months when everything returns back to normal and they have the shed full of toilet paper... :devilish: :devilish:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I’m finding the lockdown relaxing

no school run
no commute
no fight for parking at work
no fight for a desk at work

easy peasy

JJ
Same, but perhaps even more so. Our business is closed and there is only so much housekeeping and paperwork to catch up on, and it seems pointless to do much strategic planning at this point.

We were dangerously stressed earlier in the outbreak, but now that we're actually closed a calm has descended. Our bank has been brilliant whilst we wait for the Govt support to kick in.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I wonder how the supermarket hoarders are going to feel like in a couple months when everything returns back to normal and they have the shed full of toilet paper... :devilish: :devilish:
It’s already pretty normal tbh

I’ve not struggled to get anything in the shops

JJ

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Would be fun to organise a parade of mummies wrapped in toilet paper 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
25,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Clean around the nether-regions .... ?

·
Registered
701 Posts
If I was at home, I'd be binge watching movies and Netflix, and probably clean out the garage which is an abomination.

Unfortunately I'll be battening down the hatches in ICU instead.

PS ignore the username, I'm not a doctor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Same, but perhaps even more so. Our business is closed and there is only so much housekeeping and paperwork to catch up on, and it seems pointless to do much strategic planning at this point.

We were dangerously stressed earlier in the outbreak, but now that we're actually closed a calm has descended. Our bank has been brilliant whilst we wait for the Govt support to kick in.
Swings and roundabouts.
My business has gone to a 7 day week to keep up with demand in the increase in home shopping during the outbreak.
Luckily, with the roads being 80% quieter than usual we are actually getting 20%+ more delivered per person too.
Glad to hear that you've been able to stop the panic, however my biggest concern is ensuring we have enough cashflow to grow with the demand.
Oddly, the banks seem really keen to help the businesses that require help due to lack of work through the government backed scheme, but not so helpful to those of us who are needing funds to invest for growth right now.
Good job the father of my other half is in a position to help the business instead. I always knew there was a reason for putting up with her wilder past :LOL:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts