Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Type 2, granny or none?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Backwards 😂 Thanks, will make sure I get one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Car has granny as part of the car.

There is a current (geddit) MG UK which comprises:
MG branded Type 2 cable
Charger installation (Rolec, includes OLEV grant)
3 years servicing

This runs to end September I think.

I’m waiting to hear exactly what the charger installation covers.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but it's still significantly cheaper - £50 per month on an Exclusive - to buy a pre-reg car from stock (cancelled orders most likely) and put money aside for servicing (assuming you don't need a charger installed).

Will need to argue about the Type 2 cable, but they're only £100 or so anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I looked at pre-reg and there didn’t seem to be much happening. I did get near enough pre-reg price on new dealer stock though.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve managed to bag an Exclusive (all being well) for £23k, but it was literally the only pre-reg car in stock at my local dealer.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I’ve managed to bag an Exclusive (all being well) for £23k, but it was literally the only pre-reg car in stock at my local dealer.
Pretty close to the price the early adopters paid for an Exclusive in Dynamic red ( top spec colour option ).

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Without the wait time 😉

·
Registered
34 Posts
The dealers seem quite keen right now for some reason... That said Carwow wasn’t coming up with anything exciting when I looked - not so much competition between the few MG dealers, compared to say Ford?

I got the metallic paint chucked in pretty much for starters.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotta shift those cancelled orders. The dealers have already purchased the cars and taken the hit, they need them gone.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
And the market is only going to get worse. :eek:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’d suggest the opposite. As far as I see, everyone’s out buying houses and cars right now!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I hope that you are correct. A lot of people have done well financially out of the lockdown to date, but that may not continue.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
A lot of folks who had a few nice holidays aboard planned for this year, have had their plans scuppered due to the Covid 19 issue.
Maybe they have decided to change their car or even move house ?.
Using the budget they had planned for their holidays, to help with this change in direction.
My daughter & son in law had two big long distance holidays booked for this year, but both have been cancelled, now they have moved their future plans forward and are moving house instead !.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts