Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The ID.3 of course. They even chose the Life.

Interesting to see how it compared to the Citroen e-C4 in the group test. I have a soft spot for Citroens (my first 3 cars were Citroens, so my love for them is largely nostalgia), but I really think PSA timed it badly using the same chassis for the ICE versions and EV versions of their cars. That might have been a sensible move a few years ago to cut costs, but manufacturers are increasingly moving into designing EVs from the ground up now, and in doing so can package them much more effectively knowing they don’t need to leave space for an engine.

Hence the ID.3 trouncing the e-C4 in most or all categories. The ID.3 was built from the ground up to be an EV, whereas the e-C4 is compromised.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Which magazine rated the Kia Nero very highly (78%), labelling it a “genuine revolution”. ID.3 also rated well (72%), despite concerns about the quality of the interior and unintuitive infotainment controls.

·
Registered
eNiro 64kWh 2021. Ioniq 38kWh 2020.
1,159 Posts
That is one of the weirdest reviews I have read. Out of 16 categories, 69% were rated 4* and 31% 3*. Then they award it 5* overall and make it small EV of the Year? I am not knocking the ID.3 in any way, but what is actually going on here? A large advertising investment from VW perchance ("cough cough governor and don't mention diesel gate").

·
Registered
228 Posts
That is one of the weirdest reviews I have read. Out of 16 categories, 69% were rated 4* and 31% 3*. Then they award it 5* overall and make it small EV of the Year? I am not knocking the ID.3 in any way, but what is actually going on here?
What's odd is that it is - near enough - exactly the same review as they published when it was first released, and at the time they gave it 4 stars. Which lines up a lot better with the individual categories.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,156 Posts
I think there’s always something fishy about these magazine car of the year awards, and there’s always the suspicion that they’ve tried to appease the big advertisers.

The ID.3 is a good EV, and should only get better, but above some of its rivals? Not sure about that, certainly at the RRPs they’re asking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts