Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's uglier and more expensive than the model 3, but mostly because there are many more competitors. Every other EV is an SUV, which is why they've made a new category, but lumped city cars and luxury saloons into the same category. If they tried to split the car category, they couldn't fill a page with each division. Some it isn't quite clear if they're an SUV or not - why is the EV6 an SUV, but the Ionic 5 a car?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Who cares.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Editors want to drive traffic to keep their advertisers happy.
Following a predefined script doesn't achieve their objectives.
People will make their choices on a totally different agenda to what editorial staff on a car magazine think.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's uglier and more expensive than the model 3, but mostly because there are many more competitors. Every other EV is an SUV, which is why they've made a new category, but lumped city cars and luxury saloons into the same category. If they tried to split the car category, they couldn't fill a page with each division. Some it isn't quite clear if they're an SUV or not - why is the EV6 an SUV, but the Ionic 5 a car?
Model Y LR and Model 3 LR cost roughly the same. Model Y performance is only £5k more than M3P.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y, 2022
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who cares.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Editors want to drive traffic to keep their advertisers happy.
Following a predefined script doesn't achieve their objectives.
People will make their choices on a totally different agenda to what editorial staff on a car magazine think.
They don't have to promote any Tesla since there are no marketing team or proper budget.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Model Y LR and Model 3 LR cost roughly the same. Model Y performance is only £5k more than M3P.
I zoomed in to the picture after I made the comment - wow! Last time I looked a model 3 started at around £35,000. I was vaguely aware they'd increased the price, but I didn't realise it had gone up that much. I would have thought they'd charge more for the Y, in the same way Vauxhall charge about £3000 more for the Mokka than the Corsa (I ordered a Corsa, so these are the ones I researched properly).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts