Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what peoples backup plan if the E-Niro does not work out for them, for whatever reason. Say for example the PCP is too high or the 2nd wave orders are going to take too long.

I have seen some mention of people having Model 3 reservations, others considering the MG eZS.

I am test driving the Zoe over the weekend as an option for an alternative. The MG eZS could be an option but is a relative unknown at the moment. The absolute fall back is to just keep my Niro PHEV for a bit longer.

Would be intrigued to know what others are thinking?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,519 Posts
ID 3 or neo or whatever, VW decides to call their ev.

Will consider the MG in the meantime, but just to pass the time...

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that is what I thought, I have told them today that I am happy to take a different colour if it will make for the car arriving any sooner.

Still trying to figure out how I will be paying for it though do you think they will bottle caps!

Reactions: bluezetc

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I was counting on that elusive Euromillions win but alas it is still eluding me. So a tenner on Ipswich doesn't sound that terrible to be honest.

They are special "irn bru" bottle caps mind...

Reactions: John Page

·
Registered
562 Posts
Plan B: Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE 64 kWh Ceramic Blue / White two-tone due mid-October or earlier.
Plan C: Tesla Model 3 long range rear wheel drive in red with 19" white turbine wheels.
Plan D: Volkswagen I.D. Neo top specification in steel grey with 28" white wheels and green tyres.
Plan E: Polestar 2 in steel grey with all black interior and BBC Radio 3 subscription.
Plan F: A cream doughnut.
Plan G: A Turkish bath.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Well there is the Leaf+++ or whatever it's called, 62kWh but I'm not that keen on it. There is the Kona, which you can't buy until next year anyway, and there is the Model 3 but if you don't have a pre-order it probably won't be available before the Niro anyway unless you buy one of the more expensive versions.

A few others exist but none available until next year. So really you might as well wait for the Niro of that's what you want.

·
Solar, Powerwall, Nissan Xstor, NEC DSS installer
216 Posts
eNiro next week hopefully
Model 3 LR Awd in Q3 have a first day reservation but who knows what that will mean time wise
VW ID Q2/3 ‘20 preferably the 4wd 82kWh version
If the year goes well Audi eTron GT in Q1 ‘21

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019 and eTron 55 / 2020
689 Posts
I discarded my plan once the finance was revealed. It's 100's more a month than the car it was intended to replace. So I'll wait.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Plan A = keep existing 8 year old car which is still good until I can buy the car with the features and colour I want with a definitive delivery date (the situation with the Niro is crazy, it makes the CTB fiasco with the first Kona orders seem reasonable)

Plan B = Niro 2nd edition or Tesla Y, depending primarily on price, secondarily on actual availability

·
Solar, Powerwall, Nissan Xstor, NEC DSS installer
216 Posts
Are you starting a collection?
Keep em short periods, move em on, pick the ones people want, depreciation is the biggest cost remove that you get rid of a lot of your losses / costs.

That does mean keeping on top of what’s coming when and getting orders in early though... to me that’s the enjoyable bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,850 Posts
Keep em short periods, move em on, pick the ones people want, depreciation is the biggest cost remove that you get rid of a lot of your losses / costs.

That does mean keeping on top of what’s coming when and getting orders in early though... to me that’s the enjoyable bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds a good plan. EV's seem good for that at the moment, not sure how much longer it will last
Any good tips for selling a Kona? I've got a spare one and it hasn't been as easy to sell as I expected.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts