Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bluecity car sharing is ending on 10 Feb in London. Will this make it easier to get on a Source London charging point or will Bollore start winding down (or selling) the network? Many feel they only bought it to support their car club.

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
397 Posts
I have that feeling as well. It did look like they bought it so they could have a very handy set of parking spaces with charging for their vehicles and the pricing was set to dissuade anyone from parking in them with out a new mortgage.

I presume they'll just sell it off. Another option is to hold onto it and relaunch once the market is a bit more mature. It's not sustainable to leave the pricing as it is though.
I think they also came foul of some councils not waiving the parking fee, so you'd have to pay for parking and the cost of the post which was not subsidised.

·
397 Posts
The other question to think about is is it needed anymore. I hardly ever use destination charging as I always have enough range for local stuff (I'm a Londener) or if not it's a quick stop at a rapid. If I do visit somewhere over night I charge at that destination not at post in a random street somewhere.

Edit: Sorry one last point. What does this mean for the new proposed charging network that Sadiq Khan talked about. Always felt a little disgruntled that we'd have to pay for another one as SL was sold off by Boris.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really hope that source london changes their pricing structure... I'd much rather pay for parking separate to kwh charge... that way in the evenings it would actually be cost-effective

·
397 Posts
Also means for some, with no off street parking, there could be an opportunity to charge overnight as parking restrictions usually end in the evening.
Not sure that’ll happen but wishful thinking.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Anyone know what's going on at Louvaine Road, Battersea? The chargers were there when Google's street view vans went round in June last year, but still don't seem to be working. Google Maps

Can they not get a mobile signal, or something?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts