Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This view would look a lot better without the solar panels!!
Would you prefer a smoke stack or maybe a nuclear reactor in the background? Or do we put them somewhere else and just ignore the reality that the National Trust consumes huge amounts of energy?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
This view would look a lot better without the solar panels!!
Some would argue it would look a lot better without some old building in the way, depends how far back you want to go...

And without green energy, I get the feeling that view wont be recognisable at all in the future, seems a bit close to the rising tides. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Would you prefer a smoke stack or maybe a nuclear reactor in the background? Or do we put them somewhere else and just ignore the reality that the National Trust consumes huge amounts of energy?
I think I have been misunderstood. I am all for green energy, just thought the sighting of the panels a bit off putting. I am convinced a better sighting could have been found.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
You cannot get more pro-solar PV than me but I think the the NT should sight their panels away from the sight-lines of their monuments. They wouldn't consider building other modern buildings so close because as it would detract from the visitor experience and so why they think that it is OK to do it with solar panels I don't know.

It is great they have the solar but sensible positioning would make sense to me.

It is interesting that many people in areas of outstanding natural beauty, or with listed buildings, must get planning permission and the planning committees often refuse if the panels are too visible. I don't know if they needed planning permission for those panels but if they did then I am surprised it was given. It is a small ground-based array so it might not have needed permission. I don't know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts