Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In ECO mode, there is a section between charge and power. I have noticed this section is dynamic, and also changes when I change the level of braking. What does it stand for?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean this section, not the circle with the number specifying how many kilometers I've got from regeneration.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
1,036 Posts
That is an efficient driving indicator of sorts. If you keep your power demand inside the lines then you’re driving efficiently, or something. It moves around depending on incline and possibly road speed. I’m not really sure. I tend to live in eco mode and most times I’m within the lines. But I’m becoming quite a slow driver it seems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, it is an indicator for economic and efficient driving. I do not consider it as efficient, as speed is too low even on surface roads of California, U.S.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I mean this section, not the circle with the number specifying how many kilometers I've got from regeneration.

View attachment 143831
That's your pussy-foot range. The only thing ECO does is temper an over-enthusiastic right foot. You can drive just as gently and efficiently in SPORT mode if you want. The only difference is that you then have all 150kW and 395Nm that you paid for immediately on tap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts