Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It was getting heated and was locked a few days ago. I guess it was subsequently hidden/archived for some reason.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
It was getting heated and was locked a few days ago. I guess it was subsequently hidden/archived for some reason.
It was not very heated, and I understand it was fully deleted. All our hard work creating an academic treasure trove and next best seller has been lost :(

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I don't think anything is ever fully deleted.
Restore the backup! 🤬
little new actual content.
Those were the calming lulls between waves of political fuel spillage. There would have been a tonne of new content today, comparing this that and other, for instance.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hang on -- freezing it I can understand, but deleting it is not cool. What justification can there be for that?
I would have thought just locking it would have been adequate unless there were really bad comments, I spent ages trying to find the thread to view what people felt about the new/old/modified deal.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Hey cool it hotshot.

You wanna get this one deleted as well?!? ;)
Are you suggesting that I was single-handedly responsible for the other thread's descent into anarchy...? :oops:

TBH I was blissfully unaware of such horrors as I may have set the most vitriolic contributors to Ignore..

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I did a fair amount of self-censorship before replying in that thread...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I would have thought just locking it would have been adequate
Yes, it was just locked initially, with a post by an admin explaining it. It only disappeared a day or so later I think - it was still on the first page of my recent threads list for a while.
Maybe it's a forum action and all locked threads disappear after a time unless marked as keepers.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
As it happens I had self-locked it a day or so before subsequent admin action. My last entry explained that I was stepping aside due to numerous personal attacks. So I didn't miss it until advised by a pm that it had disappeared. A pity really as the last few days would have been interesting to discuss the terms of the 'new' deal.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Damn, I was relying on that thread to get a variety of views, quotes, and links that helped me keep my mind open. The thread didn't change my mind overall, but it certainly was helping me understand a few things better, including views I don't share but that I feel better understanding than ignoring.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I suspect that the real reason that the thread was buried was a reluctance by moderators to deal with an anticipated increase in entries caused by the current situation. Quite understandable from a moderators viewpoint. After all these volunteers signed up to deal with EV related entries not political debate. But in fact, it was far from being out of control at the time. Just a bit of mild ad hominem banter. In my past, I have been insulted by experts. This was a pale imitation of the abuse that can be launched by an RSM in the army. My shortcomings were once 'explained' to me for five minutes without him repeating a single expletive.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
This was a pale imitation of the abuse that can be launched by an RSM in the army. My shortcomings were once 'explained' to me for five minutes without him repeating a single expletive.
Ah, yes. Gotta love a good NCO. I do kind of wonder how many of them suffer either aneurysms or heart attacks at a regrettably young age.
🤬

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
As it happens I had self-locked it a day or so before subsequent admin action. My last entry explained that I was stepping aside due to numerous personal attacks. So I didn't miss it until advised by a pm that it had disappeared. A pity really as the last few days would have been interesting to discuss the terms of the 'new' deal.
If you think you can get away with it I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the 'new' deal.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Are you suggesting that I was single-handedly responsible for the other thread's descent into anarchy...? :oops:

TBH I was blissfully unaware of such horrors as I may have set the most vitriolic contributors to Ignore..
I'm rather surprised that as a remainer you decided to put fellow remainers on ignore 😁

1 - 20 of 500 Posts