Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

981 - 1000 of 1126 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
... it is for Parliament to check whether what they intended is what is happening ...
I thought you were a Conservative voter, but it turns out your are an unconstitutional treasonous heretic. RACI charts and PDCA cycles had not been formalised when Magna Carta Libertatum was signed.

Demand Better.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Weren't they also free to return to the UK once their sentence was served? Although most just stayed on...
That would depend on the sentence, transportation for life was one possible sentence. Also transportation into indentured servitude would have made returning virtually impossible. Otherwise transportation for a fixed sentence would just make it very hard to afford a return trip.

Read the wikipedia article, it's an interesting bit of history. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_transportation

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Disgusted by Boris's interview on Marr. He tried to separate himself from the past administration that he was part of, and divert blame away from where it really lies: Tory cuts.

Comparisons to Trump are accurate.
As well as numerous free trade deals, he also now wants to be able to protect British industry from competition. I am guessing that he must know that these are mutually exclusive and just hopes that voters fall for it. Bring on the Andrew Neil interview.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
He tried to separate himself from the past administration that he was part of, and divert blame away from where it really lies: Tory cuts.
No accountability and no integrity.
[...]
Could actual threats to society stem from budget cuts across justice/police/prison systems?!
No mystical power behind my previous posts - why are some voters still backing PM Johnson?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Disgusted by Boris's interview on Marr. He tried to separate himself from the past administration that he was part of, and divert blame away from where it really lies: Tory cuts.

Comparisons to Trump are accurate.
it was a good interview from Marr, it was a shame he didn’t follow up on some ofthe bigger clangers Johnson dropped (like when on the Ni border Johnson clearly said his brexit secretary was wrong to say checks needes, he should've been hung out to dry) but he was well briefed on several of the finer points like Responsibility for the automatic release Issue.

Like Corbyns clanger to refuse to apologise the other week, Johnsons smart play would’ve been to point out labour changed the law, apologise for the conservatives failure to patch the gap and point to how little time he’s been PM. That would show mistakes were made and would be learned on, as it was he did that but completely forgot the apology so he just came across as a unapologetic whiner, desperate to blame anyone but himself. Not great for a PM image.

He is terrified of an Andrew Neil interview

Also his usual plan of bringing up brexit at every opportunity and mentioning Corbyn specifically is wearing thin

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
As well as numerous free trade deals, he also now wants to be able to protect British industry from competition. I am guessing that he must know that these are mutually exclusive and just hopes that voters fall for it. Bring on the Andrew Neil interview.
Andrew Neil cannot put a lid on meaningless words energetically mushrooming from the mouth of a raving schooled demagogue.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Andrew Neil cannot put a lid on meaningless words energetically mushrooming from the mouth of a raving schooled demagogue.
agree, and that’s why I’m surprisrd that some have criticised Matt’s interviewing technique by saying he let Johnson waffle on. What do they expect Neil to do, gag him? Johnson will waffle at Neil as well, the main difference I think is Neil will come down hard when Johnson makes a mistake - like refusing to apologise, like saying his brexit secretary was wrong when their whole election strategy hinges on them getting it right, when in claiming that parliaments to blame for literally everything he lied that they’d stopped the queens speech vote when in reality it had passed

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,589 Posts
No mystical power behind my previous posts - why are some voters still backing PM Johnson?
because someone who, presumably, knows they are incompetent seems less concerning that someone who doesn't?

·
Registered
250 Posts
because someone who, presumably, knows they are incompetent seems less concerning that someone who doesn't?
A big difference is that a Tory majority is possible (likely now?), whereas Corbyn will only be PM as part of a coalition or in a minority Government. Hence Boris' incompetence is a bigger risk.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If your description can be attributed to PM Johnson, then why has he not resigned?

The only thing Johnson's premiership has delivered is an embarrassed monarchy, a general election, and a timid manifesto. PM Johnson is arguably the weakest and wobbliest "greased piglet" in Westminster's history. The dim future offered by Conservatives includes Barriers to trade between N.I and G.B, More undone jobs at NHS, More undone jobs in farming, and an unhappy Scotland. The dimmer future offered by Labour includes all of the above plus a return to government-confiscated properties and nationalisations deemed unlawful in EU law.

Only a LibDem vote can stop Brexit and reunite the kingdom.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If your description can be attributed to PM Johnson, then why has he not resigned?
Given Johnson’s very public commitment that any Tory candidate who was guilty of islamaphobia would be out on the first bounce I hope he’ll stand true to his word and bounce the Tory candidate for Uxbridge and South Ruislip who wrote this in 2005

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
- GAME OVER !! -
Press Esc to restart
Corbyn might allow a referendum, but the only leader campaigning in that referendum for Remain will be Swinson. Why would you back her then, but not back her now?

If you try to split the vote between Johnson and Corbyn (two Leavers) then the campaign to Leave will assert that they already have a mandate to Leave. Good luck with that.

Even if LibDems do not get a majority, the actual number of votes indicates the strength of argument for Remain. Each vote counts.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Why would you back her then, but not back her now?
I didn't back her whenever then was and I'm not backing her (or anyone else) now, so I don't understand the question.

Even if LibDems do not get a majority, the actual number of votes indicates the strength of argument for Remain. Each vote counts.
As you say, Lab/Con voters are more or less leave, so in the likely event the Libs don't get a majority then it's still Game Over for remaining.

But in the current situation I think the game may be far from over - still nearly two weeks for one of them to say or do something ... sensible. (I put 'stupid' at first but realised we've been there for a while.)

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
As you say, Lab/Con voters are more or less leave, so in the likely event the Libs don't get a majority then it's still Game Over for remaining.
When did he say that? Labour voters are mostly pro-Remain (about 70%), as are most of their candidate MPs, it is just the leadership that is distorting their party policies.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
When did he say that? Labour voters are mostly pro-remain
If you try to split the vote between Johnson and Corbyn (two Leavers)
He is essentially saying that a Labour vote is likely to become a leave vote, because Corbyn, regardless of the voter's intent.
If you have an MP and/or party who always does what you want you are a very, very lucky (and unusual) person.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Well, that was an interesting interview.

Watching Johnson's spluttering incoherance as he failed again and again to get his scripted responses delivered was an absolute pleasure. :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Well, that was an interesting interview.

Watching Johnson's spluttering incoherance as he failed again and again to get his scripted responses delivered was an absolute pleasure. :D
The problem is so many people don't care, they just want brexit and will vote for literally any idiot who they think might deliver it.

He's become like Trump, at this point there's almost nothing he could do that would stop some people voting for him.

981 - 1000 of 1126 Posts