Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just signed up to TeslaFi. Wow! What an amazing piece of software if you want to know what's really going on inside your Tesla.

What is interesting is that every morning (or rather in the middle of the night) my car wakes up at 2.47am every day for 1 hour and 1 minute, whether it's plugged in or not.

It's on wifi but Sentry is off and my phone is in airplane mode so no apps or programmes are accessing the car.

Is the car communicating with Tesla's servers? How do I stop the car waking up at the same time every night?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have just signed up to TeslaFi. Wow! What an amazing piece of software if you want to know what's really going on inside your Tesla.

What is interesting is that every morning (or rather in the middle of the night) my car wakes up at 2.47am every day for 1 hour and 1 minute, whether it's plugged in or not.

It's on wifi but Sentry is off and my phone is in airplane mode so no apps or programmes are accessing the car.

Is the car communicating with Tesla's servers? How do I stop the car waking up at the same time every night?
I'd then attach a logger with your Internet router to see what that wireless client (the car) is doing at that time. But that's not easy to do.

A guess: it pings the mothership at that time to check if there is software update. Or uploads all recorded video from driving?

Reactions: paulsinger

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd then attach a logger with the Internet logger to see what that wireless client (the car) is doing at that time. But that's not easy to do.

A guess: it pings the mothership at that time to check if there is software update. Or uploads all recorded video from driving?
How do I attach a logger? Is that something I do in the house at the router?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,952 Posts
Be prepared for some big files if it really needs to be awake for an hour. I suspect instead that it'll be less than a minute's traffic and an awful lot of silence.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not techie enough to work out what traffic is going through my router but surely if it's supposed to be good for the car to go into a deep sleep to recalibrate the BMS then surely Tesla themselves should not wake up the car every night!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts