Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spec sheet for the UK '4' trim e-Niro says ambient lighting is included and I see the options for it in the driver display settings.

I set the "brightness level" to maximum and played with the colour options...but I see nothing. Where is the ambient lighting supposed to be? I've seen a video before showing the ring around the gear selector changing colours, so I assumed that was part of the "ambient lighting" but it doesn't light up. Is it just so dim even on the maximum level that it can only be seen at night time?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that looks like the video I've seen. In it, the light can be seen even when the internal car lights are on. I can see nothing at all regardless of what I set the brightness or colour to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can only see it at night, its under the silver line across the dash, around the centre console and the gear selector, on my irish spec model.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, figured it out. The ambient lighting is only active when the headlights or running lights are active. Doesn't mention that in the user manual!

Thanks for the info guys.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Lol. I think it was implied that at night they expect you to out your headlights on :)

Curious what colour appealed to you? Tried them all and personally preferred the blue to the rest.
Still it's a rather nice touch. My old mercedes had it.
I've seen some LED foot lights for £100 but that seems overkill to me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Could the owners of the UK spec 4 and 4+ please check if there are ambient lighting LEDs in the dash trim like the ones in the North American version? See video at 03m 42s. Thanks.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
553 Posts
Yes it’s just like that vid.

I've tried all the colours. Not impressed with any of them but ended up on red so as to match the buttons etc. IMO the brightness is rather feeble and inadequate even on max, which is where I set mine at. Also, red doesn’t affect human night vision sensitivity (in theory anyway).

The ambient system on the Soul EV looks rather better than on the E-Niro, as it includes adding door panel display and foot wells.

Peter

Reactions: gem
1 - 10 of 10 Posts