Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

How much was your FIRST Service (don't vote if free)

• Under £150

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under £200

• Over £200

• Under €75

• Under €100

• Under €150

• Under €200

• Over €200

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a text from my stealers, offering a first service from €199. Of course I will be shopping around. It should be possible to get it for around €100 I feel.

I'd be interested to know the general ballpark cost (albeit most of you will be STG£)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I feel like some people are being robbed on their service cost. When I purchased my first edition e-niro I paid £400 for the first five services, so £80 each. There's not much involved in servicing an EV so costs should be substantially lower than a fossil car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
do know as of yet, first service is booked for 19th March, but I have asked for the brakes to be looked at
as they are slightly binding due to lack of use because of the regen braking, plus asking for the infotainment update and maps to be done.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I wonder if Halfords and Kwik Fit do "warranty servicing" for EVs like they do for ICE vehicles? Saved my wife £200 on her last ICE service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wonder if Halfords and Kwik Fit do "warranty servicing" for EVs like they do for ICE vehicles? Saved my wife £200 on her last ICE service.
wouldn't take your car to either of them unless you want to be ripped off for items you do not need.
disc's and pads for 6-700 quid! all they do is up sell, and con you into parts that are not worn out.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
142 Posts
wouldn't take your car to either of them unless you want to be ripped off for items you do not need.
disc's and pads for 6-700 quid! all they do is up sell, and con you into parts that are not worn out.
Whilst I agree that I wouldn't entrust a new EV to any generic retail chain for servicing, I did have need of Kwik-Fit a few weeks ago due to a flat tyre on my wife's car on a Sunday morning (and they were the only place open that had the right tyre).
The service was the best I've ever had from a tyre shop.
They spent a long time inspecting the tyre to try to find the puncture (it was a really thin piece of wire in the tread), repaired it, and then sorted the refund of the online pre-payment. They didn't even charge for the puncture repair as my wife is a doctor. (free puncture repairs for NHS staff).

sorry this is a bit off-topic, but sometimes they don't deserve the poor reputation they have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts