Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Tesla website this afternoon and noticed that it still states that SCs are rated at 120kW...
I thought the plan was to have all SCs that had the correct supply to 135kW?
Have any in Europe been 135kW or are all still at 120kW?

Not being fussy here, 120 is still massively quick but just wondered if the 135s actually exist...

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
For that matter, I wonder what speed SCs are being installed in China and Japan. That part of the network was launched even later than the European ones. @Alexander Sims I wonder if the newer sites launched in Europe are at 135 and folks are just not reporting it.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Is this a supply voltage issue?

My understanding is the EU regs are 230v +10%/-6% (This was a pragmatic approach to the differing prevailing end user voltages in member states)

So 120KW and 135KW are within the acceptable spread given the same amperage supply.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe that the plan was to actually increase the output of the supercharges from 120 to 135kW rather than just a tolerance that they might operate at...
I'm not moaning, what they're doing is awesome, but I just remember Elon saying they could/would increase them to 135kW and wondered when. Seems we'll just have to wait and see

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
dont forget these are theoretical maximums, actual rate delivered will depend on lots of factors both internal and external to the car

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
so providing all the other ducks are in a row it should be capable of 135kw however ducks are notoriously hard to heard :)

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Here's the label on the Reading supercharger. Wasn't watching for peak charge rate so couldn't say if it went over 120kw or not.

These things have been fantastic this weekend, long road trip with no charge-related stress at all.
So 135KW, given a 480V supply. So in the UK (assuming linear output with voltage) we'd get c.116KW on 415V as typically supplied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts