Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some UK owners report back on what their service interval is set to?
I am led to believe the first inspection service is at 2 years unlimited mileage and thereafter annually or 10K miles, but this might just be for european cars.
Mine is set to 1 year 10K miles which sounds wrong.

I emailed the dealer, no response after waiting a week.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
429 Posts
I had thought it was every 2 years, but even the current ID.3 brochure is confusing:

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,779 Posts
Many cars are sold with 'Protect and care' which bundles servicing anyway.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,189 Posts
Mine is set to 20k miles to the first inspection, thereafter I’d expect it to be every 20k miles.

There will likely be a brake fluid change scheduled somewhere along the line as well.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,922 Posts
It is 2 years but Ive read 18000 miles for the first service but mine just shows the days left 'till the service.
The e-Golf is 2 years or 20k then yearly or 20k iirc.
Brake fluid change is 3 years for the first change on the Golf then every two years. I expect the ID range will be the same as it's time based not miles but I haven't read that anywhere.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, nobody has said it should be 1 year, 10K miles like mine. Which means mine was totally incorrect, perhaps deliberately set to claw back some discount....
Whether they will change it, without resistance? I wonder what excuse they will give…

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,922 Posts
Thanks, nobody has said it should be 1 year, 10K miles like mine. Which means mine was totally incorrect, perhaps deliberately set to claw back some discount....
Whether they will change it, without resistance? I wonder what excuse they will give…
If it's like the Golf or is set by the dealer at pdi and they probably haven't even looked at the service intervals. There were a few posts about it when we bought our e-Golf 3 years ago age since of the dealerships still assume its the same as an ice.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yes, we had the same with our eGolfs & they will also try to charge you the price of a full ICE service if they can get away with it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts