Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just bought my first EV, a secondhand 2013 Zoe. I have done some research but I am unsure which model it is and what charging it can take. I know it’s a type 2 etc, but how many kW can it charge at, and how long would it take to charge up from nearly empty.

Great to drive though and a good feeling when you charge up!!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Hi Richard & welcome,
Zoe's were all rapid capable at that age.
The Q210 rapid charge can charge at up to 43kW and get to 80% in ~ 25 mins, hour and a bit for a full charge.

If it has a rear camera it is the intens, if no camera its a Expression, if it has a slot in the dash for a diffuser its a Zen.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Maybe if you put the car registration into here https://renault.motor-admin.com/warranty/vehicle-details-1 it will tell you whether it is a Q model or an R model. Q can charge upto 43kW whereas R can charge upto 22kW.

How much did you end up paying for a 2013 model? I've been tempted by them myself

EDIT: oops, Mo1 is right

Reactions: Mo1

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
If looking at a 2013 Zoe I would make sure it has a warranty as repairs can be very expensive.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
In case you meant home charging, then it's 7kW and about 4 hours.

Reactions: Mo1

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a Q90 model with 41 kW/h battery pack and 43kw quick charging engine, because for me it's very important to have quick charging while on the road.
Here I made a video where you can see how long it will take charging at a 43 kw charger from 1% state of charge to 100%

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m amazed at everyone’s knowledge in here - yes it’s an expression (as I found when using the link posted by Metcast)

So am I correct in thinking it should be able to quick charge @43kW i.e 1%-80% ~25 mins? Even though it’s an “old” 2013 model?

Metcast - paid £3k with 9k miles on the clock. Think the Zoe’s have a 5 year warranty on the electrical system so I have until September this year. But I thought of it as a bargain at that price(?) so if something does go wrong I should be able to cover it albeit not too much!!

For me it was a good test to see if I could go electric, especially seeing my “other” car is a Q7 oil burner, (which I haven’t used for 6 weeks now and thinking of selling it!!)

On a closing note, sorry for the really late reply......

·
Registered
445 Posts
I’m amazed at everyone’s knowledge in here - yes it’s an expression (as I found when using the link posted by Metcast)

So am I correct in thinking it should be able to quick charge @43kW i.e 1%-80% ~25 mins? Even though it’s an “old” 2013 model?

Metcast - paid £3k with 9k miles on the clock. Think the Zoe’s have a 5 year warranty on the electrical system so I have until September this year. But I thought of it as a bargain at that price(?) so if something does go wrong I should be able to cover it albeit not too much!!

For me it was a good test to see if I could go electric, especially seeing my “other” car is a Q7 oil burner, (which I haven’t used for 6 weeks now and thinking of selling it!!)

On a closing note, sorry for the really late reply......
In real world figures I believe it should do it in roughly 35-40 minutes. It will start off fast (43kW) and slowly reduce and then really slow down at 80%.
That's a brilliant price! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the car from?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ll guess I’ll be able to see what’s going into the car via the charger (as long as it’s a 43kW charger etc)?

I got the car by chance, I was talking to an old guy who had it but was scared to carry on driving. He said he took it back to the Renault garage and was offered £2k for it! He suggested £3 so I took it (it has suffered some cosmetic bodywork damage scuffs, nothing major) will get it re sprayed soon!

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,508 Posts
No need for all of that. I have published below spreadsheet many times here for the 22 kWh battery / LBC giving the max charging power it can take, calculated from the SOC and the battery (not ambient) temperature.

Max Pwr

Edit: this model is used for the Charging Prediction screen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks a brilliant excel sheet yoh - there, not sure I understand it though !!!

However, I would like to know what the car actually takes rather than what it should take, I supposed the only way to do this is to run the battery down a bit, plug in to a rapid charger and watch the screen?

Is there anyway to visually check it is a rapid version, by looking under the bonnet etc?

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,508 Posts
Thanks, appreciated :). It is simply what the battery CAN take, given those two parameters.

There are two other factors that limit what it will REALLY take (apart from your model car):
- what the chargepoint is able to supply (this is transmitted to the car and shown in CanZE, charging screen);
- what the cable is able to transport (the standard cable can do 22 kW).

As for the model: you can't have a R90 22 kWh as stated in your profile. But a 2013 ZOE is, by definition, a Q210 (22 kWh rapid). But, thanks to @Mo1 here is your confirmation ZOE Model Info

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So referring back to Mo1’s post, can my Q210 charge at 22kW or 43kW? See the second post above for the confusion.....!

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
I entered my details and it says I have a ZE40 - but I don't!

Simon
It says I have a red 2017 ZE40 too - when I have a black 2015 22!

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
I wish!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Can’t say I have ever seen a red Zoe either.

When I pick mine up after having some Renault loving will demand the ZE40 they think I have...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts