Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to see if anyone has done any Mods or Changes to your Ioniq 5.

This is something I just posted to the Ioniq forum

I have just done my take on a Phone mount with my Note 10+ which is in an Aluminium case which has a rubber patch on the back to allow wireless charging to still work. I didn't want to stick magnets onto the case so I had a look round and found a few items that may work.

1st is a metal plate that will have the magnets stuck to with 3m tape, as I wanted to pull the thing off the dash at some stage and not leave magnets behind (bracket was originally from B&Q DIY store in the UK and is used to secure 2 pieces of wood together)

Font Circle Metal Pattern Liquid

Magnets stuck on one side with 3m tape (I know some are not level, but when it stuck it stuck) It's OK for what I want to do anyway
Brown Product Rectangle Wood Wood stain

Next is an old aluminium push bike phone holder, took off the fixing for the bike which left a flat back which I could super glue onto the other side of the metal plate

Back

Rectangle Textile Red Material property Bumper

Front
Automotive tire Bumper Material property Tool Auto part

Super Glued on to the plate (Main section only, the end screw section is not glued so I can tighten the legs onto the phone to hold it in place)
Product Rectangle Red Material property Font

Plate attached by magnets to the side of the dash (very secure)
Musical instrument Electronic instrument Audio equipment Tool Red

With the phone fitted, I just put the phone in the holder and tighten the screw to hold the phone tight, may add a small piece of rubber on the 4 feet that hold the phone to grip the phone tighter.
Product Rectangle Gadget Communication Device Audio equipment

I have not driven in the car yet, will report back later if OK or if it needs the small bits of rubber fitted onto the 4 feet that hold the phone.

This was done with stuff i had to hand just to see if it works

Regards

Phil

·
Registered
946 Posts
Not sure I understand the need to have the phone ‘to hand’?

·
Registered
230 Posts
All I have done is started to take the Lego style "IONIQ 5" letters off the rear. So far it reads "ION Q 5".
I'm not sure the Mobis guy was at all amused when he dropped round today, but he did explain why the alert warnings go off and that there is a fix on it's way.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I hope I'm not revealing something I shouldn't but it is a camera calibration issue. It mostly goes off when you're driving up and down hills and recalibrates itself when you drive along a road where it can see the 'edges'. I may be mis-remembering but I think it was a consequence of not being initially calibrated for right hand drive.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Only mod so far has been to have a Thinkware U1000 dashcam installed.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
All I have done is started to take the Lego style "IONIQ 5" letters off the rear. So far it reads "ION Q 5".
That's going to be my first job (shortly after 3pm today :D). How did you do it - hairdryer, pick and hope, fishing line/ dental floss, or.... ??
did it leave a mark or residue?

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's going to be my first job (shortly after 3pm today :D). How did you do it - hairdryer, pick and hope, fishing line/ dental floss, or.... ??
did it leave a mark or residue?
The double sided adhesive tape is quite soft so I just gently rotated/lifted the letters and
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
they came off cleanly.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nice one. Are you going to save them to stick back on when you sell the car, or do you think it will make no difference to the value?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had a Nextbase 622GW Dash Cam and rear camera installed in the car, and just fitted a Bluetooth Battery Monitor to the 12 volt battery.

Automotive lighting Vision care Goggles Eye glass accessory Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
946 Posts
Just had a Nextbase 622GW Dash Cam and rear camera installed in the car, and just fitted a Bluetooth Battery Monitor to the 12 volt battery.

View attachment 149976
Will be good to see what the BM2 shows as far as 12v battery maintenance is concerned. I’m expecting it to be like the Kona and top it up about every 4 hours.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've noticed that my collection of in-car junk is much more likely to slide and bounce around in the horizontal glove drawer than in a traditional angled glove box. Has anyone installed some sort of liner in the bottom of the drawer to reduce this?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have added the mini wireless module using the Sunguy cable as it made a neat connection. Module runs quite warm and I need to find a way of mounting neatly. Items from Amazon.

CarlinKit 2021 mini Wireless CarPlay,Equipped with 5G chip,Suitable for cars with built-in Car Play,For Audi,VW,Volvo,Citroen,Renault,Ford,Toyota,Kia Auto,Support IOS14.7,Online update version

SUNGUY USB C Cable Right Angle,【2-Pack,0.3m x2】 Short Braided 90 Degree USB 2.0 Type-C Fast Charging & Data Sync Cord Lead Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 S8 Plus/Note 8,Redmi Note 7,Moto G7

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Chain link fence following a tight turn into a driveway. The parking sensors detected the concrete posts holding the fence, but not the chain link itself. I only slightly brushed it.....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts