Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put our deposit down on an Exclusive on the 17 September, and as of yet our dealer Edens in Swindon has yet to get their demonstrator. So today we went to the 'driving electric' Showcase at Warwick to see a static display of electric and hybrids including a white Exclusive MG, so have now seen one in the flesh and had a chance to sit in it and we are not disappointed.
However the order is for the Pimlico Blue, the problem is having not seen any paint swatches or indeed a car in this colour, every picture or video we've seen the blue shade varies from pale to dark depending on light and angle. This is difficult but can anyone in the know verify the colour as if it's the wrong blue we will change it to the red - so long as the delivery time doesn't change dramatically.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I drove a Pimlico blue. It is what a number of people refer to as “baby blue”. By that I think they mean a light blue. Not to everyone’s taste but some really love it.
I originally ordered one in the blue but charged to the red after seeing more pictures of the blue one and after seeing a red petrol one in a show room. You really need to see it - perhaps MG can tell you where the closest one is to you at a dealer?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
This is difficult but can anyone in the know verify the colour as if it's the wrong blue we will change it to the red - so long as the delivery time doesn't change dramatically.
I would really DOUBLE check with your dealer on a change of colour.
After September, even changing your delivery dealer point will see your order delayed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove a Pimlico blue. It is what a number of people refer to as “baby blue”. By that I think they mean a light blue. Not to everyone’s taste but some really love it.
I originally ordered one in the blue but charged to the red after seeing more pictures of the blue one and after seeing a red petrol one in a show room. You really need to see it - perhaps MG can tell you where the closest one is to you at a dealer?
Did this add any delay to your order?

·
Registered
367 Posts
No but I was one of the first 1,000 and had only just put my deposit down. After a few days and having reviewed the colours, plus my wife saying she did not like the blue, I spoke to MG and they agreed to change my order. At that stage my order had not been allocated to a dealer. It now has and they are the ones that can look at progress with your order. I would speak to them first.
I don’t know if ordering a blue one would have come any quicker. The red is an extra cost colour and I am being told it won’t come until 10 Feb. It is the Exclusive.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Fully Charged Show have just published a test drive of the Exclusive model in red, looks great!
It’s a personal thing I know, but the red does look nice in really life.
It’s the most expensive colour option because it’s a “Tri coat” colour.
This colour has been available to the ZS petrol version’s for a while.
I did like the darker blue, which is called “Laser Blue” but it is only available on the ICE models, this would have been my first choice.
The new lighter blue is only available on the EV.
If you want your car to scream it’s an EV - then yes, go for the lighter blue colour !.
The car finished in either white / black or red will blend into the other cars with revelling it’s electric status.
I am beginning to think that the wait list for the Dynamic Red cars is the longest ?.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If you want your car to scream it’s an EV - then yes, go for the lighter blue colour

I am beginning to think that the wait list for the Dynamic Red cars is the longest ?.
ZS EV doesn't look like an EV in any shade - it's just those 'in the know' who know Pimlico blue is EV only - the wheels are EV only as well I guess.

Excite availability is good in any shade it seems - red and white Exclusive trim have longest lists.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
ZS EV doesn't look like an EV in any shade - it's just those 'in the know' who know Pimlico blue is EV only - the wheels are EV only as well I guess.

Excite availability is good in any shade it seems - red and white Exclusive trim have longest lists.
Your right and the “Sky Roof” in the Exclusive model is a bit of a give away of course!.
You can’t have one on an ICE model of the ZS !.

·
Registered
20 Posts
MG should give a name for the blue colour that is familiar to prospective purchasers, and gives a realistic idea of the shade.

I suggest Invacar Blue:

I'm going to call it that from now on.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
MG should give a name for the blue colour that is familiar to prospective purchasers, and gives a realistic idea of the shade.

I suggest Invacar Blue:

I'm going to call it that from now on.
How funny is that !.
“Hub Nut” would not be happy with that !.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts