Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a newbie and just bought a used 2017 i3. It came with only the Delphi 110V charger and towing hook.

What other accessories do these come with new?

Do I really need a level 2 turbo cable? (Here in California, all the chargers I see around town have cables attached.)

Is there a tire repair kit or other recommended accessories I should have?

..any replies appreciated...

Stephen in SB/CA/USA

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,163 Posts
These forums are mostly made up of European people so the majority of the advice about charging you read here will be incorrect for your area unfortunately.

I can confirm that BMW only give you a cable for slow home charging in all countries. For you this isn't as big of a problem as it is in the rest of the world though. Almost all AC public charging stations in the US are tethered with a cable already provided and have the J1772 Connector on the end that you can plug straight in to your car. As for DC Fast charging, ALL chargers are tethered so you can use CCS again without buying extra cables.

BMW don't give you much for free. Everything is an extra but at minimum there should have been a tire repair kit located in the frunk. It's generally in a hard foam container that would also hold the towing hook you mentioned earlier.

·
Super Moderator
11,963 Posts
Yes, UK standard equipment is different.

I'm an American expat living in the UK.

Over here we get the tire kit, a 3 pin UK plug charge lead and my i3s came with floor mats.

BMW GB have an ongoing promotion for a free type-2 single phase level 2 cable. So I have that too.

I also have the German first aid kit that is unavailable in the US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts