Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm about to purchase the ZS EV this week from my local dealer in Guildford and wanted to know what to expect whilst purchasing and during handover.

Will the vehicle be fully charged at 100%?

Will I get a further discount because I don't require the Rolec Charger? Will I have to pay for the Type 2 cable separately?

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
100 Posts
Dealers may differ but from my own experience expect:

About 75% charge

Purchase Type 2 cable seperately

Not sure about the charger but definitely worth haggling for.

Enjoy

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
981 Posts
If you want your car with a full battery, ask the dealer ahead of time to arrrange this. I've seen some EV's get sold to their new owners with less than 50% so if you need the power right away, let them know.

Any promotions are for a free charger to be included with the purchase of a car. It's not an added charge to the vehicle price, so you won't get any discount for deciding to not claim it.

Depending on when you ordered the car, there was a recent offer where the Type 2 cable was included I believe. If you have missed out on that then yes, you'll only get the granny cable as standard and will have to purchase your Type 2 cable separately at your own expense.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Current offer is 3 yr servicing, Type 2 cable and installed charger.

I’d expect it to be fully charged (mine wasn’t but I only had a short trip home).

Do expect all the updates to be present! It’s probably worth making sure ahead of time that this will be the case. If you don’t see temperature displayed on the touchscreen and range on the driver’s info panel then it’s not done. There appears to be a very recent update that allows AC charging while unlocked and possibly other stuff too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the type 2 charger included after some discussion with MG over twitter.....they spoke to the dealer and got it sorted. The car was almost fully charged but the software updates weren't done. Again after some discussion with the dealer that is being rectified at no cost to me. I was told that the updates were 'optional'.
I love the car - but I will love it even more once the bongs are gone!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies - just FYI the deal I'm going for is for the pre reg offer. Does that mean I can still get the £200 off?

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
My pre reg offer was just a much cheaper car. Didn’t get the “new car” stuff like the service plan and home charger (don’t need it anyway). Type 2 cables are only £150 or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts