1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dated 12th Dec

What an interesting read, thank you.
The "How does a dog fit ? " picture is particularly useful !

One smile .. the number plate is blanked out ---- but not in all of the photographs !!

·
Registered
593 Posts
What a great review. It's a pity the mainstream media don't print reviews like that. I completely agree with the Instavolt and contactless comments, as well as the Ecotricity comment. A man with similar views to myself.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 64kW Premium Nav 2019
363 Posts
Polestar2: “posher” than a Kona?
More expensive, sure :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
It's probably safe to say that you'll look the 'money' in the Polestar.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 64kW Premium Nav 2019
363 Posts
It is interesting how EVs are shaking up the world of car manufacturing.

5 years back, Hyundai & Kia had little cachet amongst drivers: they were the cheap end of the market.
German brands ruled the roost. Now they are playing catch up.
VW failed to grab me when they were so silent after we put a deposit down early on, & their UK launch looked pretty woeful (no Q&A from the audience? What are they scared to answer!)

Okay, we are only 18k miles and 18months into our ownership, but the Kona is a remarkable car: no squeaks (touch wood!), comfy to drive (first car I’ve owned with heated AND cooled seats), adaptive cruise works flawlessly. Rapid enough: like the fastest hot hatch I’ve owned (& back in the day I had MG Turbo, XR2, XR3, Colt Turbo....), so fun too (y)
Sure, a bit more boot space and rear legroom would be handy, occasionally....memory seats a nice to have. We are lucky to still have my XC60, which meets all those desires: I suspect I may keep that forever!

I’ve looked at specs & prices of EVs out now & don’t feel the replacement has been built yet for us to move to next. Tesla is the one that has the tech, but as @stageshoot has told us, are really only perhaps level overall (& at greater cost). Maybe the Model Y will be the one. Maybe Polestar will prove itself. I won’t really consider one with lower range, and would prefer one with equal efficiency....who knows.....

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Can not get past the cookie message, I do not accept!

Edit, there is a hidden reject all when I view it on a PC rather than a phone.
good review.

Reactions: Richard Gledhill

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Why thank you 😊

Good spot on the number plate - I've asked them to blank that one out too, in the interests of the next lucky owner (y)

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
By the way, the picture with our dog (Connie) was before I realised you could take out one of the foam inserts below the boot floor and drop the floor a further 3"! She could easily get up and wander round in the circle in the back. The Polestar hatch is much longer but shallower, but others seem to have no problems fitting dogs in, so we'll see...

Reactions: gladini

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Only two more sleeps!! Friday morning, all being well! 🤞🎁

Reactions: toscal353

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Seems that someone has already placed a deposit on my Kona at Just EVs - they've only had it two weeks! Good for them :) and whoever gets it will love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts