Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
whats odd about it, its a 13amp socket on the wall (well 2 actually) inside a lockable box

Thats the EV parking at Canary Wharf in the Union SQ carpark Level 2

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ed was asking about Clacket Lane charging last night, and the location of motorway chargers in general (i.e. are they always easy to find), commenting that, in normal car parks, they can often be difficult to locate.
I assured him that motorway chargers are easy to locate, but also mentioned that car park chargers are often ICEd with little or no enforcement.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ed was asking about Clacket Lane charging last night, and the location of motorway chargers in general (i.e. are they always easy to find), commenting that, in normal car parks, they can often be difficult to locate.
I assured him that motorway chargers are easy to locate, but also mentioned that car park chargers are often ICEd with little or no enforcement.
Thats because most carparks employ staff to monitor security of the car park, and really dont have time nor inclination to stop ICE cars parking in EV Bays

·
Registered
394 Posts
Highcross in Leicester town centre is a bit like that. Dozens of 3-pin plugs so there's never any problem getting a spot but it's such slow charging that it's hardly worth getting the lead out unless you're there for a very long time.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
To be fair high cross put those in a LONG time ago, I think it was 2010, maybe even before. Certainly there was no type1 or type2 cars about, 3pin sockets was your lot.

I use them every month while shopping in highcross, the round trip would be just on the edge of comfortable, but a couple of hours at 10amps removes all worry, come rain or shine. And hey, they've done most of the hard work, perhaps as demand increases they might swap out a few groups of sockets for 32a type2 sockets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts