Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange question probably, but I'm weirdly concerned about why my previous car, that I PExed for our ampera at Evans Halshaw, hasn't shown up for sale anywhere, and has now been un-taxed and un-MOT'd since Sept 2017 when we did the deal. It seems a long time for a car to stay on a dealers books, or not go to auction and end up somewhere else. ?

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
Strange question probably, but I'm weirdly concerned about why my previous car, that I PExed for our ampera at Evans Halshaw, hasn't shown up for sale anywhere, and has now been un-taxed and un-MOT'd since Sept 2017 when we did the deal. It seems a long time for a car to stay on a dealers books, or not go to auction and end up somewhere else. ?
Have you reported it to the Missing Cars Bureau..?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
25,243 Posts
The obvious question to help unravel this important 'mystery' is to ask what it was.

A 20 year old 200,000 mile Fiat Panda would be easy to explain what happened, though you might not like the answer if you were emotionally attached to it! Whilst if it was a flash bling thing then as mentioned, it may be de-plated, though I think it becomes 'Vehicle details could not be found' if that is the case.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If I check my old reg on the MOT site it just comes up "There was a problem", in red. The MOTs on the old number now show under the new number.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a 2014 Volvo V60 SE Nav - so a lovely modern quality car, even if it had high mileage on it (121K) - the car tax check shows all the details ok, its just not got an MOT or TAX since Sept 2017 - I guess it could have been re-registered under a personal plate, I never thought of that - is there any way I can find out without it costing anything ?

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
120K is high for a 2014 so perhaps they are waiting until the mileage is about average for age. Assuming 10K a year that means they will tax it when 12 years old, so in 2026 :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I checked that site with my current reg and original reg. The original reg returns the info you have been getting from your old car, so it looks like the registration number has been changed, probably to personalised plate.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Interesting to check up how long previously owned cars remained on the road and how many miles they did and faults needing repair for MOT. Sad to see some are no longer with us.

Then I remember that I want EV’s to be the preferred mode of transport for environmental and other reasons.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts