Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've traditionally been a bit of a petrol head and opted for hot hatches. I was interested in the i3 and was instantly converted: cheaper/cleaner to run AND retaining some good performance - albeit straight line. I was in two minds over the 'mum taxi' design.

I wasn't willing to splash that much cash considering the estimated poor residuals. My thought was that I would go for a compromise and get an Ampera...and then buy a 2nd hand i3 in a couple of years. But actually, I'm thinking the Ampera was the best choice for me anyway. My daily commute is <40 miles but will have the occasional long distance journeys for work...when time for charging is not a viable option. I also prefer the look of the Ampera.

I can't imagine ever going back to ICE and am thinking that my plan A (2nd hand i3) will not be my only option in 2 yrs time (my average switch time). What other electric/REX models are on the horizon that might float the boat of an ex ICE hot hatch lover?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
911 PHEV

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
I found this Plug In Vehicle Tracker page on Plug In America quite useful. A fair few vehicles I was not aware of and good to see the number of commercial vehicles being developed.

http://www.pluginamerica.org/vehicles

HTH

Derek

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought someone had uploaded a poorly resized image when I saw the thumbnail.

Ugly...very ugly (cue jokes about GC)

·
Super Moderator
11,728 Posts
It was almost 10 years ago. Mr. Clooney may have been just about the only Tango customer ever.

A year or two later, Nathan Fillion was an early adopter of something small, electric and less expensive.

About the same time there was the Prius thing. (ref. South Park smug farts but maybe you had to live in SoCal to really understand)

Then the Model S happened and everything changed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was watching Silicon Valley (new comedy) last night and one of these popped up on there.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like one of those twisted caricature 'car art' drawings

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Never mind the ugly, squashed comments. Did you see the quoted price of one of these "Tangos"!!

I thought somebody must have been smoking something!!

$160,000 in kit form!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts