Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,059 Posts
The day Tesla produce a 20k car the game is over for all other manufacturers!!
... unless they do too by then?

Tesla and its fans might be thinking the rest of the world is static and unchanging, but it isn't.

The day Tesla see an EV into the UK market for less than £30k then they'll have been the first to .. err .... ummm .....

·
Registered
331 Posts
... unless they do too by then?

Tesla and its fans might be thinking the rest of the world is static and unchanging, but it isn't.

The day Tesla see an EV into the UK market for less than £30k then they'll have been the first to .. err .... ummm .....
Not as a fanboy, but only Tesla offer the complete EV ownership package (currently)

·
27,059 Posts

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
The day Tesla produce a 20k car the game is over for all other manufacturers!!
I don't think that's their declared aim.

In any case there are roughly 17 million cars sold in the US and 15 million cars sold in the EU each year. There's plenty of market for more than one manufacturer.

Now if you were to ask where all the profits will be, then that's another question. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,919 Posts

·
27,059 Posts
With 47HP and a top speed of 64MPH I can't see that type of car being viable in UK,
Sounds fine to me. What's the issue with that specification?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Last time I checked a large proportion of the population had no where near the cash needed to buy one. Are you on the working wage? £7.83 × 10,000 hours, or 5 years at 40 hours per week.
Whilst not on minimum wage I am nowhere near the "top 5%" in earnings either.

No amount of man maths can make buying a Tesla new work when you look at the other EVs or indeed ICE offerings.

My point was that no other manufacturer offers the complete EV owning package that Tesla offer. Other car makers are five years behind but will catch up. However, Tesla are not standing still either.

·
Registered
687 Posts
You can stop trolling me now, I'm simply not interested in arguing semantics with you especially when you get some kind of perverse pleasure from it. :rolleyes:

Please go back and read my original message #7 quoting your original comment and its perfectly clear that I understand what you're saying in the quoted text. The only person uneducated in the ways of logical semantics is you I'm afraid in your constant attempts to twist and turn what other people say.

I'm interested in discussing "whats stopping mass adoption of ev's", not playing a semantics game with someone as obtuse and hard to pin down to one position as you.
If you look at anyone's Name / Profile you will find a little clicky called "Ignore" It is the best thing I have ever found with regards to Donold. :p

·
27,059 Posts
If you look at anyone's Name / Profile you will find a little clicky called "Ignore" It is the best thing I have ever found with regards to Donold. :p
I guess 'ignore' is great when you make claims you can't justify then refuse to hear people pointing that out to you because it makes you a bit uncomfortable. Oh well....

Can't say I have experienced that myself; if I am wrong and it is proven, I'll say I am wrong. If I were to ignore people then I'd never learn from my misstrakes.

Reactions: David McChang
81 - 100 of 102 Posts