Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't need Tesla's full Autopilot, I'll do my own steering thank you, but the legwork required in stop-and-go traffic really tires me out.

What's the cheapest EV (including used) available which includes Adaptive Cruise Control that works at all speeds (all the way down to 0 mph in stop-and-go traffic)?

I need minimum EV range of 70 miles, and 140 miles would be better (I have a frequent round-trip of about 63 miles each way with an available charging station at each end).

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
1,045 Posts
It's great isn't it? 20mph is the lowest setting on my golf, but it will stop and start on its own and follow slow moving traffic. I assume that means it is all-speed?

·
The best there is at what I do
10,870 Posts
The ACC in the i3 is a hoot to use, I use it everywhere even in towns, showed it to my friend and he was blown away, if the i3 stops in traffic for more that 10/15 secs it does disengage but just needs a gentle press on the accelerator to re-engage.

·
Registered
398 Posts
How about the new Hyundai ioniq, watched this video on YouTube yesterday, it's in Korean but you get the idea. Has ACC and lane assist. At the very end it even parks itself the same as summon mode on a tesla!!

·
Regular contributor
303 Posts
My PASSAT GTE has full speed ACC, lane assist and TJA (traffic jam assist) .. Still learning how to use them all .. (only 3 days in) .. Though probably not the cheapest vehicle option!

Anyway for me, should be much more comfortable for my commute .. on the moving car park that is the M6! (y)

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Hyundai Ioniq Electric is probably the cheapest option, now, at £24k, though no deals yet. I went to look at one a week ago and it seems a very (very) nice car with a reasonable range. Apparently, a longer range one in the pipeline..

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I love the ACC in the i3 but it certainly isn't perfect
- low sun can dazzle & cause it to cut out (no surprise here) - as can other unknown situations.
- I sometimes wish I could set it at a lower speed
- It only looks at the car in front, so in slow moving traffic smoothness is to some extent dictated by car in front. It can't anticipate as I would when I drive manually so will often speed up too quickly or too slowly dependent on conditions

I'd still not chose another car without it though (ideally!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.