Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ventured into Leicester city this afternoon for some last minute Christmas Shopping. Realised Highcross had free charging points, 3 pin plugs, but still, thought I'd give it a go.

Quite a few ICE'd spaces. Luckily there were a lot of spaces and had no issue, but I can't help wondering what the situation will be when EV popularity really picks up. Got chatting to a guy with a Prius plug in, I love the way that EV drivers all seem to chat and shared a few details re new charging locations around the city.
WP_20131218_003.jpg
I suppose that the infrastructure will have to pick up a pace as demand increases. Hay ho, I'm not complaining as the electricity was free and effectively our trip into town was free, except for the shopping that is!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It's hard to know when to stop enthusing when I get collared by a passer-by in the carpark or wherever, but people do make a point of asking what it is exactly so that's 5 minutes of their life gone right there by the time I've answered in my way and the follow on questions have been answered. I feel it is our duty to educate and enthuse as the dealers are often not so hot at that. I know any convertees will be grateful ultimately, so that is justification enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts